Polk County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
I will be visiting the area next week and was curious if the Polk County Digital system was up and running yet? Just trying to figure out what all I need to program in the scanner before I leave on Sunday.

Thanks in advance.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Digital's not up yet - stick with the analog in the db.

P25 probably won't be online until June at the earliest.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Polk P25

Keep in mind that the P25 will be a completely new system on their rebanded freqs allowing thier users to simply switch channels in the radios to the new rebanded, P25 system. Essentially, there will be 2 systems in operation. Once the P25 meets their requirements, then the analog system gets ripped out and shipped to South America or whatever Nextel does with it nowdays. TampaTyron

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Polk P25 on old frequencies

I just passed through Polk County with a Uniden BCD996T programmed with both the old analog trunked system and the new P25 system. I heard precisely ZERO activity on the P25 system frequencies, but the control channel on the old analog system frequency sounded a lot like a P25 control channel.

Is Polk County using the new Project 25 trunked system on the old frequencies?

Thanx.

trooper890

Polk is using the P25 system on their NEW frequencies (less 15mhz). Original system is chugging away on the original channels for now.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Hmmm. It turns out that FreeScan didn't save the rebanding channel table, so my scanner was kind of messed up. I have since upgraded to version 0.9m and it now saves the rebanding table and tested it OK on a local rebanded system.

So the old trunked system is still operating on the 866+ frequencies?

I followed the older messages that said they would reband by June, so I programmed the old analog system with the rebanded freqs. I guess I jumped the gun, huh?

Thanx.

gcr33

Bote, a little off topic but the Freescan has the reband setup in it already. Even prior to 9.m

I have rebanded the Florida counties already completed without any problems.

I was in Polk 2 weeks ago and monitored both systems.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Polk is using the P25 system on their NEW frequencies (less 15mhz). Original system is chugging away on the original channels for now.

Have you heard voice activity on the P25 system? I pass through every couple of days and have yet to hear any voice activity - I last passed through Tues. night/early Wed. morning. My 396T is set as a MOT P25 system, and it recognized the control channel (853.850) and set up the band plan on it's own, but I've yet to hear any voice activity.

gcr33

I don't remember. I have the old system and the new system programmed into my 396XT.

These things never move quickly.

Have you heard voice activity on the P25 system? I pass through every couple of days and have yet to hear any voice activity - I last passed through Tues. night/early Wed. morning. My 396T is set as a MOT P25 system, and it recognized the control channel (853.850) and set up the band plan on it's own, but I've yet to hear any voice activity.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Just wondering - based on previous posts in this thread, folks have indicated that they've monitored the P25 system. I check for voice activity quite regularly and have yet to hear anything.

However, my 396T did come up with this bandplan:
0:851.00625/6.25
1:762.00625/6.25

Status
Not open for further replies.