Polk County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings. I typically use an actual radio (P7100) to monitor systems that are Phase 1, obviously with an inhibited transmit. Does anyone know if the sys admins tend to brick radios they see pop up on the system, sometimes even if they don't register? I've heard of counties that do this, and others that could care less. I was just curious about Polk since I'll be traveling in the area in a couple weeks. Thanks!

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
If it pops up then it's affiliating. So yes, it will be bricked. However, they will also send out brick commands for default radio IDs in CPS. There was a thread about Relm/BKRadios getting bricked due to the default 1 value. Even though the subscriber is programmed to non-affiliate RX only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But if it's not set to affiliate or register I should be able to hear it. I've heard of systems recently where adminis can see radios even if they don't affiliate.

RF-Burns

But if it's not set to affiliate or register I should be able to hear it. I've heard of systems recently where adminis can see radios even if they don't affiliate.

If you are using a P7100 like me you are fine, the radio will never affiliate with the system. The Harris Radios and a few others are the only true way to monitor a trunked system without using a "Junk" Scanner.

If you are using a P7100 like me you are fine, the radio will never affiliate with the system. The Harris Radios and a few others are the only true way to monitor a trunked system without using a "Junk" Scanner.

Yeah that's what I figured. I saw it only said P25 P1 so I was just trying to make sure it wasn't a Moto P25 system, because I know they can zap even unaffiliated radios. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.