Polk county racom question

Status
Not open for further replies.

claytonwright

Premium Subscriber
Hey haven't been active for awhile and just picked up a uniden bc346xtc non digital scanner. My question is, can I listen to all of the polk county sheriff channels with this? I live out in johnston and was wanting to pick up surrounding towns and all of the info channels and what not. So far I've managed to program some channels and am receiving communications. Only problem is I'm not picking up everything that I hear on the scanner app for my phone for polk county. Any help on this issue would be appreciated.
Thanks!!!

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
You will want to head over to the database page: RACOM - IA, SD, MN, NE, IL, WI Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Depending on your location there are several sites that might serve you. Program a few and see what sounds the best. Be sure to program the frequencies in proper order and channel number, then put in all the groups you want to listen to.

Should take care of it, they have done some re-doing of things around here so if you haven't used you scanner in a bit its probably not up to date.

Also, thanks for listening in :)

rjatwood

You defiantly want to use the RR database if you haven't been listening in awhile. The Johnston site channels changed some time back and I was having trouble when my scanner was on that tower. I have recently updated the channels for the Johnston site in RR and it seems to be consistently working good now. I have logged almost 800 radio ID's on the Polk County system, if you would like to download them or add some new ones please go to "Polk County SO Racom Radio ID's list" in the Iowa Forum. The list is in a spreadsheet so you can copy and paste in to your programing software.

Good luck and have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.