Poll: How much would you be willing to pay?

How much are you willing to pay?

• $500 is my max.

Votes: 31 41.9%
  • $1,000 is my max.

Votes: 34 45.9%
  • $1,500 is my max.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • $2,000 is my max.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • $2,500+ If you build, we will buy it!!!

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

acepilot340

Hello Everyone,

I am curious what you all would be willing to pay to have a scanner that has all the system scanning capability excluding (OpenSky, MotoTRBO, iDEN...I want to maintain realistic expectations).

With that said, I believe that companies like Uniden have the capability to produce a scanner that would scan systems such as EDACS ProVoice, TDMA, as well as improve current scanning performance for systems currently available. Example: P25 Simulcast systems. The one problem I feel Uniden faces is, would the return on the investment be worth it? I have to say, Uniden has done an incredible job providing us with scanners like the 396/996XT's for about $500.

The question is, how much MORE would we be willing to pay for a scanner that 'does what you want'? I believe that most of you are as serious about scanning as I am, and would be willing to pay more for a scanner that performs almost as well as a commercial radio.

Let me know what you guys think...

Regards,
Marc

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
$1000 since my Provoice costs $500 and a new TDMA radio is going to be about $500 as well.

BUT I dont think it will happen with ProVoice.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Well I was always told Companies like Harris Radio(PRO VOICE) will not license Uniden or GRE to allow them to sell a pro voice scanner?
Not that Uniden cant make one but that they have to pay Harris to make and sell them.Maybe this has all changed or I have been told wrong all these years.

DCMon

Keep up with the times

It is not so much the price as it is "Does it work". We have certain wants for our hobby!! Why not ask us the consumer when designing something new. Your companies true, but who buys the radios - OH!!!!!!

lep

Doesn't anyone still recall that at first MOT would not license any scanner to 'trunk track' and filed a law suit against a scanner maker which they LOST when it was proved their patent was not violated by the reverse engineering of the principles of trunk tracking. So, it may not really matter whether the maunfacturer of a system wants to license a system or not. BTW, Provoice is not an approved ITU standard as are P25, TETRA and Edacs. ITU approval includes the requirment that the owner of the Intellectual Property license on "normal commercial terms" anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.