Pomona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruperto

Doesn't seem like Pomona PD is dispatching on Blue Primary, I'm picking up encrypted traffic on all other channels but Primary which is usually clear.

Lot's of traffic on Blue -2.

I'm hearing Cal Poly Pomona dispatch loud and clear also.

Anybody else experiencing this or is this just me?

matty909

It was due to the fact blue 1 was going encrypted so they swapped primary channels but now there back to blue 1 encrypted, sadly no more monitoring there dispatch. Hope this answers your post

Ruperto

Thats horrible news...it's actually a bunch of horse s**t!

After all this time, so much for transparency!

M.D.M.

Monitoring Dispatch Matters!!!

matty909

Ya thats really bad, i can understand encryption but it sucks due to the facts 1 its illegal to listen to encrypted radio traffic (why?) And 2 they dont make scanners that can pick it up (because its illegal) i think we should change some laws because it puts a big dent in media and hobbyists. I also herd lasd is going digital in a few years not sure if its p25 or encrypted

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
And 2 they dont make scanners that can pick it up (because its illegal)...

They do not make scanners that can decrypt encrypted comms, because you would need the encryption key(the encrypted agency is NEVER going to give you the key). Agencies encrypt to keep people with scanners from listening.

I also herd lasd is going digital in a few years not sure if its p25 or encrypted

Heard... even if it is encrypted, it is still P25, it's just encrypted voice. Everything else is able to be decoded(RID TG ect.)

dhl121

pomona

I lost Pomona too, but at the same time I also lost Verdugo fire dispatch. However I get it back when I get closer to Pasadena. Any thoughts?

karldotcom

I lost Pomona too, but at the same time I also lost Verdugo fire dispatch. However I get it back when I get closer to Pasadena. Any thoughts?
They removed Red 1 from the Pomona cell.....too many people were listening on their agency Motorolas at home.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

allend

Premium Subscriber
They removed Red 1 from the Pomona cell.....too many people were listening on their agency Motorolas at home.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Honestly who really cares if you want to listen RED 1 on their agency issued radios. Unless I am missing the point please explain what the point is removing it from the Pomona Cell?

If you have an agency issued radio then its all good for people to listen.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Honestly who really cares if you want to listen RED 1 on their agency issued radios. Unless I am missing the point please explain what the point is removing it from the Pomona Cell?

If you have an agency issued radio then its all good for people to listen.

The problem is this: The Pomona Cell was installed to allow the agencies in the Pomona service area to communicate. If Verdugo RED-1 is allowed in the cell, it takes up a channel whenever there is a 'roamer' radio (like a Verdugo radio that is outside the Verdugo service area) in the cell footprint tuned to that talkgroup. That is one less channel available to the agencies that are homed in the cell, and has two possible effects:

1. If all channels are busy, including the RED-1 traffic, a user from a local agency cannot get a channel (Busy).
  2. If the channels in the Pomona cell are all tied up with local traffic, and Verdugo need to make a call on RED-1, then RED-1 is busy system wide until a channel clears in the Pomona cell to handle that RED-1 call.
Removing RED-1 from the list of talkgroups permitted in the Pomona Cell corrects this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.