Pop or bump and a skip approximately every second

Status
Not open for further replies.

aedwards865

Hi there. I've finally got my stream online. It is the KGMU downtown Greenville Tower stream. The problem I'm running into is about every second there is a click, bump, pop, or whatever you want to call it even when there is nothing broadcasting. The trouble is that when someone is broadcasting, that same pop or what not will leave a split second of quiet in the transmition almost like a skip on a CD. Any ideas what may be casuing this? I've tried everything I can think of. Any help is appreciated.

WA1ATA

What type of scanner do you have?

Do you have the "close call" feature activated?

Uniden's close call or GRE's equivalent (the term escapes me at the moment) is a periodic scan for very strong signals over the entire set of bands being monitored. This will often show up as a once a second or once every other second glitch in the audio.

aedwards865

It is a realistic Pro-93 If I remember right. And as far as I know there is no feature like that turned on. The scanner is only listening to one frequency, it isn't scanning if that makes a difference.

talkpair

The only thing I can think of that might produce something similar to what you're describing is a 'priority' function.
When the priority feature is active, the radio leaves the channel currently being monitored to check the status of whatever frequency you've designated as the priority channel.
I can't think of a reason the radio would produce a pop or click however if both channels are idle.

aedwards865

I don't believe this scanner has a priority function. The thing is, when just listening to the scanner, there is no problems with the audio. They only show themselves when listening to the stream.

ibagli

What are you using to listen to the feed? Does the problem happen in all players?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I don't believe this scanner has a priority function. The thing is, when just listening to the scanner, there is no problems with the audio. They only show themselves when listening to the stream.
The PRO-93 does have a priority setting. This may not be your problem, but just keeping everyone on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.