Pop up ADs & Redirect to other AD sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

SM166

Clicking on various Forums or DB, I am being re-directed to other sites ! happening more and more - only when on RR
Am i the only one being taken off this site to some Advertising POP UPS

wtp

well ?

any luck?
and did you check my p.m.

i think this should be in the computer forum

Last edited:

wtp

but..

some redirects get into the internet settings and like to live there just to redirect you like you wanted it.
quite by accident i ok'ed one and it is tough to find all the settings it changes

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I use a few add ons on FF. I use AdBlock Plus 2.4 & Flashblock1.5.1.7 If you use the Flashblock RRBD map will not show up but you can add the RRDB to the Flashblock.

SM166

Yes my malware / anti V have been catching and stopping the re-direction plus i use Norton & CC
there is still something in the machine - when i only go on RR; does not happen on any other sites
now there are certin words in blue double underscore which allows me to click on them - i dont - but they re-direct to other AD sites
and when i sign off RR every ime i run quick scans, Clean up, CCleaner and norton - l have these highlighted underlines in various random words of the posted replies in the various forums
My Norton stops the re-direct each time - so far
Thanks to all - i guess am the only one currently with these evil sprits

jfhtm350

What kind of browser are you using?

Try another browser and see if it still does it.

Have you ever cleaned out the browsers cache?

Are you typing RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference in the address bar or coming in through a link?

Try disabling javascript as mentioned and see if it does it. You will have to have scripts from ajax.googleapis.com and radioreference.com for some features on RR so it will probably have to be reenabled.

Yes my malware / anti V have been catching and stopping the re-direction plus i use Norton & CC
there is still something in the machine - when i only go on RR; does not happen on any other sites
now there are certin words in blue double underscore which allows me to click on them - i dont - but they re-direct to other AD sites
and when i sign off RR every ime i run quick scans, Clean up, CCleaner and norton - l have these highlighted underlines in various random words of the posted replies in the various forums
My Norton stops the re-direct each time - so far
Thanks to all - i guess am the only one currently with these evil sprits

What you are seeing is "Vibrant Ads" or some other key word advertising.

Using Firefox with Ad-Block Plus add in will stop these.

Darth_vader

On the forums, the only thing I'm aware of that requires Javascripting be enabled is the "attachments" function (which Vbulletin could probably have just as easily implemented in HTML.) If you don't need to use the "attachments" function or only use it infrequently, this forum will still function reasonably well with Javascripting support disabled.

Formatting tags, emotion icons and such can all be entered by hand, rather than using the toolbar-- refer to this document and this document, respectively.

Last edited:

sfd119

I suspect Malware as well. Run Malware Bytes on the machine and I bet it'll find all of that bloatware/scareware/malware on there.

Also remove any broswer "tool bars" or" Search bars" by the likes of "Ask", Yahoo, Bing, MSN, Etc...

toolbars-galore.jpg

:confused: I have actually seen peoples browsers look like this :roll:

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Also remove any broswer "tool bars" or" Search bars" by the likes of "Ask", Yahoo, Bing, MSN, Etc...

toolbars-galore.jpg

:confused: I have actually seen peoples browsers look like this :roll:

HOLY SMOKES! that is alot of garbage that is installed. Soon people need to see the small screen with all that added on almost looks like HD tv with the black bars lol.

WB4CS

Daily user of the forum here, running Chrome 31.0.1650.63 with AdBlock installed. Not seeing any popups, redirects, or anything unusual at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.