PopComm Monitoring Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizardb

I am interested in the Popular Communications Monitoring Station program. This was explained in detail in the January 2012 iissue of the magazine. Unfortunately I've misplaced the issue. If you have a copy you no longer need that would be great. Actually I only need a copy of the article that begins on page 18. If you can email me that article or send me a copy by mail it would be most helpful. PM me if you have it. Thanks.

wizardb

Thanks. I've got that much and in fact I have my ID. The article I want supposedly explains information to collect, logs and generally what is expected from the members.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

I have a Registered Monitor Station callsign of KAZ7FA, issued by CRB Research. I think it was Tom Kneitel (SK) who was affiliated with them back in the late '80's/early 90's.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I won't give up the paper copy, but will scan the article for you, if you would like.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

I have a Registered Monitor Station callsign of KAZ7FA, issued by CRB Research. I think it was Tom Kneitel (SK) who was affiliated with them back in the late '80's/early 90's.

You are correct! I still have mine somewhere in a book! KCT1EH was my call!

Manny

wizardb

Well just to bring it up to date. The web links have instructions as to obtining a station ID. I have that. Back issues of the January 2012 are not available. Perhaps they will come available in the future. Just for the record back issues are $8 plus $4 to ship. Steep. but at this point if it was available I would order it. I contacted the guy heading up the program and so far all he has suggested is back issues. I've had a response on Craigslist and I responded but so far nothing. I had a response here that the person would scan the article for me but hasn't done it yet. So I thought initially that this would be a fun thing to do. At this point I still need the article but in all reality I'm beginning to lose interest.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Well just to bring it up to date. The web links have instructions as to obtining a station ID. I have that. Back issues of the January 2012 are not available. Perhaps they will come available in the future. Just for the record back issues are $8 plus $4 to ship. Steep. but at this point if it was available I would order it. I contacted the guy heading up the program and so far all he has suggested is back issues. I've had a response on Craigslist and I responded but so far nothing. I had a response here that the person would scan the article for me but hasn't done it yet. So I thought initially that this would be a fun thing to do. At this point I still need the article but in all reality I'm beginning to lose interest.

I just re-read the article, your not gaining anything that isn't already on the web site by having the article. The only information I see in the article is how to get your certificate on line. As for using it for station verification, it's nothing special. You just use your call when you send a verification report to the station of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.