Poplar Bluff city police frequency change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I've heard a rumor they went encrypted anyone know for sure?
Have you tried monitoring their original 155.550 analog frequency as well as the newer frequency of 151.0475 that's also listed? The newer one shows a P25 NAC code.
Looking at their various active licenses, it looks like they were all modified to add a P25 emission type. If they are moving to P25, enabling encryption would be super easy. Monitoring them is the only way to know for sure though so it can be submitted to the RRDB once confirmed.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Let's hope this is what has happened several times in the last year or two, trouble with the UHF Voter Repeaters scattered across the city (very hilly).

When this happens (it may last a week or more depending on how fast they can get the problem(s) fixed) the PD goes to the TAC channel (which is always P25 ENC) but digital has a shorter range than analog and ENC shortens the range even more, so occasionally they will try the analog direct when they just cannot get out with the P25 ENC.

Therefore, If what I am saying is true (I have NO inside info here) they will need a lot more P25 repeaters to cover the city than what they have now on UHF analog, if they should decide to go ENC.

In the past they have always come back to 155.550 analog (which was what they were on when I was a kid over 70 years ago). Interestingly when I was at the University of Arkansas, the Fayetteville PD was 155.550 analog too, made me feel right at home.

Unless someone knows I guess time will tell.

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
Too bad they dont go to Moswin like BCSD did that would have made communicating between the city and county easier.
Yeah, if they go encrypted also, I'm afraid my scanner days just might be over and with all the hate going on toward law enforcement, I've been getting this strange feeling that encryption thing may wind up spreading throughout the entire United States in fear of the safety of the officers. :confused:

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Some things we might be trying:

1. Listen to the TAC channel with a NAC of 107 and program another channel with the same TAC frequency but with NAC search. It should not take to long to see if there is a difference. With different NAC codes several different people can use the same frequency.

2. I found in my SDS200 a surprise, namely a Poplar Bluff car-to-car TAC of 151.1375 with a NAC search. I do NOT every remember hearing anything but I have not listened to it in a long time, so maybe now?

Status
Not open for further replies.