Poplar Bluff city police frequency change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBjoe

EavesDropper
Entered that in mine and am monitoring too now with just "search" selected in "digital" audio mode...

As i said earlier Dispatch can be heard on 151.0475 Nac 107 but when mobile units respond only way to see that they are transmiting is it flashes "Encry" right under the name of the month at the top of the display screen on the SDS 200 apperently right now the cars are transmiting using encryption and the base is not which seems pretty weird imo.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I have lived in cities in which this was also the case, dispatch was in the clear but the mobiles were ENC. Another time everyone was in the clear but the shift commander which was always ENC. I have also been where everything was ENC 24/7 even the Fire Department.
I wonder if the county going digital with a TAC ENC channel has anything to do with the city doing this? I wonder if the city ENC can communicate with the County ENC?

RF23

Premium Subscriber
NEW Poplar Bluff PD Frequency info is on RR.Com Database for upload Monday to Uniden.

It seems a bit unusual, so I have programed four different channels to check it out. Now I guess I will have to wait until 6/21/21 to see which ones work.

PBjoe

EavesDropper
They are using there P25 channel and they are all encrypted except for Dispatch right now as soon as they finish the new station our on shelby ln and get the bew radio equipment installed in the new station likely Dispatch will then also be encypted too.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Thanks PBjoe, I was not aware of a new PD station with new equipment being built on Shelby road. Lets hope they do not go ENC of everything.

The listed info suggests they are going to DMR (which can be easily ENCed) but with a single frequency it can be programmed as a conventional DMR or as OFT (One Frequency Trunk) DMR to get more info displayed on the appropriate Uniden scanner. However, the person that posted this info also had this same frequency with a PL tone which is for Analog use only. To see if they are still going to be using the P25 mode on this same freq. you will need a fourth channel to check that out.

It will be fun checking it out but if it is all ENCed then the fun will not last long.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
In looking at the new Poplar Bluff PD's data I think I see a couple of mistakes, but this is guess work and may be totally wrong.

1. P25 is digital only but the listed PL tone of 107.2 is for analog use only (mentioned in one of my previous posts) therefore it must be a typo / mistake. I think it should be NAC 107.

2. Listed in the posted new DMR data is TG 1 which is what my SDS200 displays when the PBPD transmits now on P25 conventional, however in my experience the default TG in DMR conventional is TG 100.

I think the PBPD will be DMR for base & mobiles and in the clear (I hope), but it will continue to use P25 ENC for the TAC channel (they already have the equipment for this). I think the PBPD needs to keep the P25 capability to communicate with the county and state.

Don't forget this is pure guess work and could be totally wrong but we will all soon find out if it is true.

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully, they won't go entirely ENC. as us citizens won't be aware of what's going on around us and also, we won't be able to assist the PD. anymore! :(

PBjoe

EavesDropper
Yes the P25 channel uses NAC 107 on my sds 100 and 200 you can hear dispatch and after they transmit you can tell the moble units are responding back when you look at the top of the display it will flash ENC showing that whomever is transmitting back is encyrpted.

stlouisx50

Yes the P25 channel uses NAC 107 on my sds 100 and 200 you can hear dispatch and after they transmit you can tell the moble units are responding back when you look at the top of the display it will flash ENC showing that whomever is transmitting back is encyrpted.

I figured that area was going to go that route due to another city or county down south of there way way back in the day having VHF Encryption, which was cool because I had never seen police use it. Way before MOSWIN. Well sure enough I was down earlier in the month and did notice the same as you all.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Is Poplar Bluff PD P25 & DMR 100% ENCRY now?

In monitoring 151.0475 MHz on both P25 & DMR I see the ENCRY, Link, D error & Noise readouts changing BUT the RSSI readout remains three dashes. It should be -50db from my location.

Anyone else seeing this?

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
Is Poplar Bluff PD P25 & DMR 100% ENCRY now?

In monitoring 151.0475 MHz on both P25 & DMR I see the ENCRY, Link, D error & Noise readouts changing BUT the RSSI readout remains three dashes. It should be -50db from my location.

Anyone else seeing this?
Ever since I found out that frequency had gone encrypted on my Whistler scanner, I never bothered to program it into my SDS 200.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
SEMO

Have you turned in the new Poplar Bluff FD switch to NXDN to The Radio Reference data base?

RF23

Premium Subscriber
SEMO

Have you turned in the new Poplar Bluff FD switch to NXDN to The Radio Reference data base?

Please disregard it has just been posted on RR database.

I am surprised at fire departments switching to digital communication formats since it has problems with high noise environments, unless they have found some way of handling this problem that I do not know about.

rickiesmith68

Premium Subscriber
Police are currently using P25 with Dispatch in the clear and mobile encrypted. DMR has been heard in use in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.