Port Authority PD 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

asnhnetwork

The past few weeks have seen PAPD move Holland Tunnel, Lincoln Tunnel, Staten Island Bridges and LaGuardia Airport police operations over to the 800. today on the unified command channel the radio techs are running around the area of the GWB doing location checks and signal strength into the system. it appears 453.800 will belong to the wreckers and construction people in the very near future.

ASNH

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Does that mean that all Port Authority units will be on 800 mhz except for the wreckers and construction people? Have all the UHF freqs at the various sites gone dead? That seems odd considering the NYPD and FDNY seem to be married to UHF. Peter Sz Boston Mass

asnhnetwork

i am still trying to get the answer to that peter. the techs are running all around bergen county up by the GWB today. They are turning different sites off and on. The central police Desk continues to have a radio set on NYPD SOD for comms. The PAPD ESU units have NYPD capabilites. FDNY has the UHF capabilities. the first few days that holland tunnel was switching over they simulcasted. The UHF's are not dead (can't say for sure about LGA) i think the split is just between sworn and civilian. personnel. Note that the wreckers on staten island Bridges will probaly be on 800 as those facilites are operated by police officers as oppossed to Tunnel & Bridge Agents (TBA's). PATH PAPD is still on VHF High rail band.

ASNH

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
I believe LGA has made the switch to 800 few months ago. You would still hear traffic on UHF frequencies, but they would be used by maintenance crews.

asnhnetwork

I haven't noticed them testing anything other than unified command channel. They were driving around Ft Lee on Routes 4 and 46 and dropping different towers down Newark and SIB to see about full quietung.. I was busy today @ work and missed any hits
ASNH.

jaymatt1978

I) have a funny feeling everyone will retain radios on their old frequencies in case the trunk system goes down!!!

SCANdal

Silent Key
Any thoughts on talk groups for the GWB??
Jay,

If and when the George Washington Bridge and Bus Station police units do switch over to the EDACS system, listen up for them on 00-102 (primary) and 00-106 (a shared tactical with the other bus terminal and all the other crossings). All other GWB units, as CqDx and asnh pointed out above, will remain on 453.800 (100.0).

SCANdal

N2SCV

Premium Subscriber
New talk group PANYNJ Drill at LGA Airport, Marine Air Terminal from 11PM Sat 10/1-1AM Sun 10/2
00-063= XCON. Yes, I have already submitted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.