Port not found by canyouseeme.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
I stuck with the default port 5000 when setting up Proscan Web Server. I turned off all firewalls and additional ISP security setting so the port forwarding was no longer blocked. However, the port still cannot be found by canyouseeme.org therefore I cannot remote access my scanner with my Android phone either. Any recommendations on what else to troubleshoot?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I stuck with the default port 5000 when setting up Proscan Web Server. I turned off all firewalls and additional ISP security setting so the port forwarding was no longer blocked. However, the port still cannot be found by canyouseeme.org therefore I cannot remote access my scanner with my Android phone either. Any recommendations on what else to troubleshoot?

Did you configure your Router Port Forwarding?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Yes. My SDS 200 shows up as Uniden-1195
I have no idea on what Uniden-1195 means.

Setup the Router Port Forwarding with these 3 items
1. Use TCP Only.
2. Use IP address of the computer running ProScan Web Server.
3. Use port 5000.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, I had used the IP address for the scanner not the computer running the software. Now I can view my scanner on my phone (Android) with Proscan and control the scanner with it, but there is no audio on the phone and the audio was lost from the computer as well. I changed to a weather monitoring channel to ensure there was constant audio streaming. I tried downloading the Listen Live media player but it won't download. I doubled checked that the phone has ample memory to accommodate it. What am I missing?

EDIT: I just power cycled the scanner and regained audio on the computer, but still no audio on the phone.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
What type of scanner?
Do you have an audio cable from the scanner to the computer?

I would trace the audio signal from the scanner -> sound card -> Win Mixer -> ProScan Web Server side-> phone & media player.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
The scanner is SDS 200. It is connected to the router via an ethernet cable. The ProScan software is installed on a laptop connected to the network by wifi. No audio cable is directly connect between the scanner and computer. I do not know what you mean by tracing the audio signal.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
In the case of the SDS200 LAN: First go to the Audio Control - Web Server tab. Is the level control up and the level meter moving.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Yes. Suffering brain fry tonight (Indiana). Will pick it up tomorrow and keep trying. Can already see the advantages once we get through this last obstacle.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Yes. Suffering brain fry tonight (Indiana). Will pick it up tomorrow and keep trying. Can already see the advantages once we get through this last obstacle.
Update: up and running just fine. Lack of patience was the problem. The audio takes about 15 seconds to connect and then the timer/counter started

Status
Not open for further replies.