Port Of Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4MCO

1000 apologies if this has been asked and answered or belongs in a different forum but I have a quick question about the Port of Miami. Is there a for lack of a better term a "traffic control" freq at POM? I can't imagine all the traffic in and out of there that there has to be some kind of coordination effort even if its just like a Unicom at an uncontrolled airfield, anyone care to enlighten me??

Thanks in advance
Sean/K4MCO

biomedbob

Premium Subscriber
If you import the common Marine frequencies you'll hear all of the traffic you could possibly want to listen to.

Pleasure boaters, fishing reports, dive shop centers, Marinas, port pilot, work boats, port operations, Coast Guard, cruiseship traffic, and on and on.

Having sat on these frequencies for over 20 years in the Palm Beach Port area, I can assure you there is no lack of "stuff" to listen to.

kf4br

haleve

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
156.45 is the busiest marine frequency in the Port of Miami, this is the primary frequency for the harbormaster & his tug pilots, you will hear the bridge tenders too, Miami & Fort Lauderdale use other frequencies too but this one is by far the busiest, 24/7 with berthing assignments, schedueled arrivals & departures & bridge opening request, take care.

K4MCO

Harbormaster .... that's the word I was looking for the other day when I posted the original question, 1000 thanks gents and I'll be sure and have the radio ready to go for my next trip down there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.