Port Police on MotoTrbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
I've been playing with DSD now that it has been ported to Windows and have stumbled upon what sounds to be Long Beach Port PD. I have heard a car stop (location was garbled) a unit going 10-8 giving starting mileage and shotgun #, transient check at Alameda and Young (Google maps shows this intersection in the port), and "pier F, code-4" and "train code-4"
Freq's were 508.8625 and 508.7375
Both MotoTrbo/DMR.
Licensed to Nextel and leased to FleetTALK, LLC.

Any ideas? I know POLB is migrating to 700Mhz soon.

Mark

ctadam12

It's Long Beach PD units working the Port. The port has a "Harbor Patrol" and field public officers, that are not allowed to carry shotguns, just hand guns, and are not allowed to make t-stops, per the penal code.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Not sure what you stumbled on but looking at the license for those 2 freqs (WIL681), the frequencies are part of a much larger Nextel trunked system dba FleetTalk around SoCal.

To my knowledge and per their website law enforcement at the Port of Long Beach is provided by the Long Beach Harbor Patrol, and we have those frequencies in the Db under Long Beach listing already.
There is no separate Port PD in Long Beach, only on the LA side but that is entirely another story.

Maybe you picked up some private security contractor or something.

kma371

QRT
It's Long Beach PD units working the Port. The port has a "Harbor Patrol" and field public officers, that are not allowed to carry shotguns, just hand guns, and are not allowed to make t-stops, per the penal code.

What penal code are you talking about?

vinzep491

What penal code are you talking about?

The law states that a propery's security/peace officers MAY IN FACT enforce traffic laws on their PRIVATE property.

There is NO LAW stating that we have to stop when we see their lights, though (normally orange.....:))

ctadam12

I actually found something they MAY fall under: 830.33 (b). But last time I talked to someone down there (2 or so years) they were public officers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.