• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Portable Radio Transmits But Dispatch Can’t Hear

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkhudairi

Looks like a typo on my part -159.660
- per your companies posted policy the use of radios not issued, programmed, or maintained by them is prohibited

Thanks, I’ll meet again with my comms director to clarify everything.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I’m receiving on 152.990 MO and to my understanding I should transmit to 152.990 FB2. I do have the correct squelch tones.

Thanks for all the help guys, I’ll be looking into these solutions.

No. That would be simplex, and we've established that this company is using repeaters.

Find out who does the radios for the company and talk to them. The frequencies are not the only thing you need to make this work correctly. You need correct PL/DPL tones and you may need to have a correct radio ID if your dispatch uses that.

Also, even if you do work for this company, the FCC rules are very clear. The licensee is the only one who can approve new radios under that license. Unless your name is on the license, you are no permitted to add radios. You as an employee are not licensed to use these frequencies, only the company is.
To protect your job, you need to get that approval from them in writing, on company letter head. While you are getting that, ask them for the correct information to program your radio.

ecps92

Most of Cataldo/Atlantic do use Repeaters, hence the FB2 in the license
there are a couple of [rarely used] Simplex only channels.

You are best [as others have suggested/urged] to contact your supervisors and go
thru the proper channels to
a. Get permission to put a personal radio on your employers system
b. Be given the correct RX/TX information, right from the radio shop who designed/programmed the network

Status
Not open for further replies.