portable scanner that picks up Portland fire/PD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fkarl

I have a radio shack pro 2050 that works just fine. But I can't get them at my house in Gray.....
My desk at work is very limited in space so I was wondering if anyone could point me to a portable option that can live at my desk in Portland and not take up too much space.
ALso, will they be upgrading to digital anytime soon? I'd hate to purchase something only to have it become obselete.
I am not really that savvy about scanners.... I just like to listen. Now that the POrtland Public Safety feed is gone, I can't listen anymore.
Thanks.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
The type of scanner you have doesn't support portlands trunk system. They were rebanded within the last couple years and the type of scanner you currently have doesn't support rebanded trunk systems.

fkarl

Thats what I thought too.
How is it that I am sitting at my desk in Portland and am listening?? Maybe they haven't rebanded yet?
Now i'm totally confused......
Wasn't there a portable version of the Trunk Tracker 2 2052? Anyone know what it was called?

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
They have rebanded as far as I know. About the portable version of the 2052 there are only 3 that are set up the same way that I can find. They are the PRO-93, PRO-94, PRO-95.

fkarl

Thanks. I just have to find one now.....

Interestingly, I can't get Portland at my house on top of a hill. But less than a mile closer, and about 100 lower in elevation, I heard Medcu 6 go out clear as a bell thursday night.
I've read that there may be some antenna options that might help me. I'm not keen on putting one on the roof of my house though...... maybe a couple hundred feet of cable and an antenna on the second floor of my barn?? Would be about the same height as my roof anyway. Thoughts? Ideas?
Thanks for all your help.... I really appreciate it. (Even if I don't have a clue what I'm doing). lol

Adenosine

Could go over to the Antenna section and get some solid info. I'm sure you could get some type of directional that would help. Before heading over to the barn try one in your attic space if you do not want it on your roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.