portage county ohio changing dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc8unr

It has been in the newspaper and around the county that firecom will stop dispatching at the end of december. I was told that trumbull county 911 will pick up dispatching for the remaining departments who did not make other arrangements. I would like to know if this is completely true. I am a member of ares portage county, so information would be important should a disaster strike.

Nasby

It is very true that Firecom will be shutting down. The various agencies that use Firecom will have to decide for themselves as to who they use for dispatching. It mostly will come down to money. There are already some strange setups due to the changes. For instance, Stow Fire (in Summit County) now dispatches for Randolph Fire. Keep checking the database here for any changes that are bound to happen.

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
Hiram Fire will be dispatched by Mantua but remain on the 154.010 (151.4). I'm not sure when they will be switching but they were testing just recently.

Brady Lake will be using KSU dispatch. Rootstown went back to Ravenna FD for dispatch.

That leaves Edinburg, Palmyra, Deerfield & Paris (rumor has it that that one of these depts are considering a Dispatch out of WV?)

I know FireCom has given the 120 day notification that they will be discontinuing service which is April 30th.

The question I have is are these departments still going to use the VHF repeater frequencies they are on now or will this have to change to accomodate their new arrangements.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
Trumbull County will take over fire dispatching for the last remaining Portage County communities that were part of FireCom very soon. The frequencies will NOT change, according to the Record Courier newspaper article today. The only difference you'll notice are the dispatchers voices.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
NOTE: This could be a false alarm :)

For those living in the area, please listen on:

155.9625 PL 107.2

I picked this up last night - "2001" was talking to dispatch. They were checking out a report of a fire, btut it was just somethign to do wtih a vent pipe. At certain points I heard "2 returning" and "3 returning" and just now either heard "engine 4? returning" or "engine 4? in service"

FCC licensing shows 155.9625 as being licensed to the City of Streetsboro, with 155.9625 being an input to a repeater pair, not an output. However, I was hearing both sides on this equally well during the event. I suspect 155.9625 is a repeater output.

The only other places in Ohio/WV/PA that this could be are one or two places in NE Pennsylvania, and I don't believe it was either one of them.

And since there is question here about what Palmyra was going to do, and since Palmyra units are 20xx units, maybe this frequency is being used by Palmyra and some others for dispatching or ops now.

Would appreciate it you Portage Co folks would listen in and discuss it here.

License: FCC Callsign WQFU394 Details

Freqs:

151.1075 FB2 (repeater output) - already in DB as Streestboro PD
154.4075 FB2 (repeater output)
155.5575 FB2 (repeater output)
154.8225 MO (mobile)
155.9625 MO (mobile)
158.7975 MO (mobile)

1. The traffic I'm hearing is a repeater output on 155.9625
2. It is possible that they are just using whatever frequencies are free on this license for some fire dispatching or ops for some fire departments
3. or it coudl be that the traffic I'm hearing is not streetsboro at all

If #3, I apologize for the false alarm. But it doesn't hurt to listen anyway to the frequencies above [in case other ones are in use as well].

Mike

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
Had this programed in since you first posted.

It's not Streetsboro (or in Portage) or I would have heard something by now. I even had it on the long range antenna without a peep.

Status
Not open for further replies.