Porter county safe t simulcast date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocoder

Any expected date on porter county safe t simulcast cutover?
And with one of its sites on the county line with Lake co, will there be more lake co affiliations?
Thanks

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Last I got was by May at the latest depending on weather and any technical issues. All Counties using SAFE-T have a roaming buffer that is 2 Counties wide surrounding the primary site/sites of use. So you can expect any user in a range of 2 Counties East, West, South etc to pop up on that site, and folks in areas around Porter can expect to see Porter TGs pop up on their sites. Currently, IPSC is pushing the first testing of FirstNET at a couple of events this Spring/Summer, and doing Pursuit Dispatch Training info hard.

DiGiTaLD

All Counties using SAFE-T have a roaming buffer that is 2 Counties wide surrounding the primary site/sites of use.
Roaming permissions are set up on a site-by-site basis depending upon the individual agencies' local area talkgroup coverage needs. For example, I see radios on talkgroups from adjoining counties and neighboring sites getting bounced from my local site all the time. Two county roaming buffer is by no means a hard and fast rule. If it was, they would run out of voice channels on a lot of sites really fast.

Sdowns46360

Premium Subscriber
Any expected date on porter county safe t simulcast cutover?
And with one of its sites on the county line with Lake co, will there be more lake co affiliations?
Thanks

Porter Co. may be coming to life. I have recently heard traffic on co. fire talk group, firefighters doing something with hydrants, some traffic on fireground talk groups and a kinda weird one, some dispatch talking to Valparaiso on the talk group labeled 64-PCO-COW County common 1. Im hoping they are finally moving to the Safe-t network county wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.