Portland Air National Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiotweester

Can anyone closer to PDX confirm if this system is still active (control channel). I use to be able to receive in Beaverton/Hillsboro, but I pulled it up recently and I hear nothing. Freqs 380.075, 380.275, 381.425cc, 381.950cc, 385.2125
Thanks!

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Yes, still active, no change in frequencies.

I have been out at PDX several times in the last few weeks. The system is not super busy with the lack of daily training flights, but I still heard maintenance units talking.

- Chris

Can anyone closer to PDX confirm if this system is still active (control channel). I use to be able to receive in Beaverton/Hillsboro, but I pulled it up recently and I hear nothing. Freqs 380.075, 380.275, 381.425cc, 381.950cc, 385.2125
Thanks!

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I can sometimes pick it up from my QTH in Aloha if the conditions are just right. But most of the time it comes in well as I head down the hill on Highway 26 into the tunnels.

- Chris

cinsu

If the federal guru Chris says they are still there then they are still there!

I think they may have changed antennas or turned down the power or something. I'm less than 2 miles from PDX and used to get booming signal from the ANG system but recently the signal seems significantly weaker. I can hear TSA better than ANG anymore and I believe they're 5 watts simplex

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I think they may have changed antennas or turned down the power or something. I'm less than 2 miles from PDX and used to get booming signal from the ANG system but recently the signal seems significantly weaker. I can hear TSA better than ANG anymore and I believe they're 5 watts simplex

Certainly possible they made some changes. The system seemed to have a pretty large footprint for just covering the south side of the airport!

- Chris

radiotweester

If the federal guru Chris says they are still there then they are still there!

Makes sense. VHF vs UHF propagation but still. I use to be mobile and able to tune the control channel in Hillsboro and at home w/beam had a good decode using a cheap SDR. Most recently after being off the Sylvan exit and still no RX with open squelch I started to think it might be their end.

Status
Not open for further replies.