Portland Maine Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adenosine

Does anyone know if the southern Maine feeds are down for good? I haven't seen any posts from Alex for some time now.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
There was a power outage a week or so ago on peaks island and Alex hasn't turned his computers back on yet and idk if that will happen. he took down the website for scanportlandme so i don't know what's going on.

Adenosine

It would seem So Portland is now part of the Portland FD feed. I know the dispatch was combined, but i believe I'm hearing So Po on Ops 8 now. Anyone have any insight into Alex's setup?

AOsgood

Portland Public Safety

Portland and South Portland operate a merged joint dispatch center out of 109 Middle St, Portland. Both cities share the same 800 trunked radio system

AOsgood

PFD Twitter

Portland Fire also offers a Twitter feed automatically tied to the CAD system. Currently, messages are sent through the city owned and operated Text Message Delivery system (for staff notification of administrative and emergency messages). The Twitter feed automatically receives "All Hands" (struck when command requests that the "All Hands" be struck), 2nd Alarm, and 3rd alarm notifications. Find it on twitter @PortlandFire

Adenosine

Since they are using the same trunking, any idea how are they seperating the department calls? I know Portland has Medcu, not Rescues, So Po has Rescue 1 and 3 and a Squad. I've heard that, but both dept.'s have Eng 8's and so on.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
So Po has there own dispatch channel on the trunk system I think but I could be wrong.

gadget0308

So Portland has its own Primary ops channel and they are mostly using OPS 7, 8 and 9, Occasionally if they go to portland Mutual aid they will operate on one of the other 5 ops that portland uses,

So Portland has Rescue 1 + 2, Engines 2,3,5,6,&8, Squad 4 and Truck 2.

Petertherock

So Portland has its own Primary ops channel and they are mostly using OPS 7, 8 and 9, Occasionally if they go to portland Mutual aid they will operate on one of the other 5 ops that portland uses,

So Portland has Rescue 1 + 2, Engines 2,3,5,6,&8, Squad 4 and Truck 2.

Is engine 5 a quint? I know they had 2 ladders back in 2001 when I was a call company member.

Status
Not open for further replies.