Portland P25 Activity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
owe im going higher i have to get some dipole and reconfiger what i want to do but at least 20 ft. the only issue i have is my roof is pitched well so i dont wanna kill myself lol

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
If you was going to run an 800MHZ Yagi, what one do you recommend and do i just put it up and point to the south.I dont need a rotar motor on it i don't think, I would only use this for the Portland System. Also where can i find the best yagi for this project???

a417

I bought this little cheapo to stick in the attic, point towards portland and ended up turning the gain way down on the RTL assigned to the system. It's indoor, it's cheap as hell...but it works for me

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber

I bought this little cheapo to stick in the attic, point towards portland and ended up turning the gain way down on the RTL assigned to the system. It's indoor, it's cheap as hell...but it works for me
I just bought one!
Thank you

a417

Now, fair warning...this is for cheapo homegamer-proof-of-concept stuff like I'm doing. If I was spec'ing a job, or this was for something mission critical (albeit 30 mi. away) I'd start somewhere around here and work up. Worst case scenario is it doesn't help you and you ship it back to Amazon.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Now, fair warning...this is for cheapo homegamer-proof-of-concept stuff like I'm doing. If I was spec'ing a job, or this was for something mission critical (albeit 30 mi. away) I'd start somewhere around here and work up. Worst case scenario is it doesn't help you and you ship it back to Amazon.

I just found the other yagi you posted in your post on Facebook Market place for 20 bucks. Its been a good find day LOL

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
So I live in Lewiston and Im picking up DX way up in to NB, NS, all the way down to NY and PA but with my ST2 antenna and I for the life of me cannot nail down Portland! I have bought a Yagi 7 element antenna and will be here next week along with an OmniX antenna and 20ft of pole to hang off the chimney of the house!!!

Attachments

• download (1).png
    download (1).png
    392 KB · Views: 7

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
What are you picking up from pennsyltucky on 800?

nothing the 800 setup on this ST2 antenna sucks so bad it wont even touch CMP. I was picking up 150 stuff from Pa. and NJ it was mint dxing all night and right till about 10am this morning. But wont touch Portland or CMP, thats gonna change really soon though

Status
Not open for further replies.