1047 Fire Ops 5 OPS 5 Fire-Tac
1049 Fire Ops 6 OPS 6 Fire-Tac
1051 Fire Ops 7 OPS 7 Fire-Tac
1053 Fire Ops 9 OPS 8 Fire-Tac
1055 Ops 9 OPS 9 Fire-Tac
1057 Fire Ops 10 OPS 10 Fire-Tac
1059 SoPo Fire Disp South Portland Fire Dispatch Fire Dispatch
1063 EMS to Hospital EMS TO HOSPITAL Hospital

These are the new Portland Fire Department p25 talkgroups.Give them a try.I can pick them up on my xts3000 with these talkgroups.

lrweb

Premium Subscriber
Portland p25

I haven't changed anything and I'm still receiving all the PD and FD traffic.

northstarfire0693

Premium Subscriber
The old system is still active for now, but PD/FD and other agencies have transitioned to the new system. I would guess sometime in the near future the old system will go down.

smfeather

I work for one of the agencies on this system and was actively involved in the template assembly for our department radios. I just looked back in my email to confirm, Portland BTS sent out an alert to all agencies (on Mar 29) that the analog system would be “turned off and decommissioned” on April 2nd, 2018.

Prior to that we had identical analog and digital banks so we could switch between the old system and the new. With the new template flash we no longer have access to the old analog talkgroups and our old analog radios ceased to function.

Our Clackamas, Washington Co. and OSP channel banks are still analog along with lots of interop channels.

With that being said, I’m pretty sure the analog system is gone. Not sure what you’re picking up... Could you be hearing WC or Clackamas? Also,I just checked, my scanner is picking up everything on the BOEC P25 system from the West Simulcast without any issue.

The old system is still active for now, but PD/FD and other agencies have transitioned to the new system. I would guess sometime in the near future the old system will go down.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
I work for one of the agencies on this system and was actively involved in the template assembly for our department radios. I just looked back in my email to confirm, Portland BTS sent out an alert to all agencies (on Mar 29) that the analog system would be “turned off and decommissioned” on April 2nd, 2018.

Prior to that we had identical analog and digital banks so we could switch between the old system and the new. With the new template flash we no longer have access to the old analog talkgroups and our old analog radios ceased to function.

Our Clackamas, Washington Co. and OSP channel banks are still analog along with lots of interop channels.

With that being said, I’m pretty sure the analog system is gone. Not sure what you’re picking up... Could you be hearing WC or Clackamas? Also,I just checked, my scanner is picking up everything on the BOEC P25 system from the West Simulcast without any issue.
Wrong state bud. This Portland System is in Maine.

Norm68

I was listening to Portland PD on my xts5000 and they had a SIGNAL 1000 (Emergency Radio Silence).The dispatcher told all officers to switch to 1 and.I did not hear any traffic until it cleared.The last time they had a signal 1000 they switched to 2(law tac 2)and.I heard all the back traffic.Does anyone know if Portland PD has any other p25 talkgroups they have added to the new system?

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard the Portland p25 in Androscoggin Cty at all? I just loaded it into my 536 and we just moved into our new home hear in Lewiston over the weekend.

Joker329

***edit, nevermind, I found it under countywide trunked systems***
Hey,
I'm going to be on a business trip in Portland in a few weeks and I looked at the RR database and couldn't find any info for Portland under Cumberland County. Should I be looking somewhere else?
Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.