Portland P25 - OSP - TG:1087 - AM/FM Broadcast Bleedover?

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
Just an observation from my East base Mt. Tabor listening location: Does anyone else hear a distinct AM/FM Broadcast bleedover on the Portland P25 - OSP - TG:1087 ?

Or is it just me and my SDS200 and Tram mobile antenna in the house window?

Don’t hear it in the other Portland P25 TG’s.

ScottPDX

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
Yes, but why would I only hear the bleedover on just one TG of many I listen to on the same P25 system?

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if anyone else might just listen and tell me if they can hear what I’m hearing on same TG:

Otherwise, altogether, it was just an observation, and overall none of this is of any real importance.

KC7VH

I've listened on and off to TG 1087 today and have not heard the interference you are describing. I have an SDS100 and am on the NW side of Mt. Tabor. Perhaps you are getting a really strong FM signal from Mt. Scott?

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
I think that must be it. I am not far and line of sight to Mt. Scott’s broadcast antennas. Just weird that I listen to Mult. Co. Sheriffs on same P25 System and don’t hear it their talkgroups, and there was no bleedover on PPB dispatch when I could still get them awhile back. Maybe I’ll try a stubby antenna or some attenuation.

Thanks to all for the feedback.

ScottPDX

I've listened on and off to TG 1087 today and have not heard the interference you are describing. I have an SDS100 and am on the NW side of Mt. Tabor. Perhaps you are getting a really strong FM signal from Mt. Scott?