Portland p25

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillW1

Portland been testing p25 but not without issues. Control channel up and running.

BlackSheepDue

They are using the same set of frequencies from the old sysyem for the p25 system so that doesn't surprise me. I tried the same thing awhile ago. You haven't heard any actual traffic right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Styles

During a fire in Portland the other day the entire system failed I am told. If anyone has additional info could you pass along

BillW1

Yes. They are using the same frequencies that they have and will be adding many more talk groups. I think 140 total.

BillW1

Yeah the system went belly up a few days ago. The digital system is getting interference from something and have been trying to track it down. The only traffic that was heard so far was tones. And there will be some encryption at some point.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Is this system gonna have all the same freqs and stuff so all you have to do is program it in to the scanner now or does it all change???

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
also does anyone have any info on how much power the system is? I should be able to hear it where im at. Im monitoring the system and logging as we speak but no traffic of talk groups yet!

BlackSheepDue

Is this system gonna have all the same freqs and stuff so all you have to do is program it in to the scanner now or does it all change???

The p25 system uses the same set of frequencies as the Motorola system but the TG's will different. They are also adding a lot of TG's including encrypted ones.

K1IWN

The p25 system uses the same set of frequencies as the Motorola system but the TG's will different. They are also adding a lot of TG's including encrypted ones.

Do you know if this will cover all the city agencies and if South Portland is in on this as well?

BlackSheepDue

Do you know if this will cover all the city agencies and if South Portland is in on this as well?

Yes, the entire Motorola Portland metro system and all of it's users will eventually move to the p25 system. The Motorola system will remain up for some time after the initial transition and will be patched with the p25 system until everyone transitions.

K1IWN

also does anyone have any info on how much power the system is? I should be able to hear it where im at. Im monitoring the system and logging as we speak but no traffic of talk groups yet!

Can you get Portland on your antenna there now?

K1IWN

Yes, the entire Motorola Portland metro system and all of it's users will eventually move to the p25 system. The Motorola system will remain up for some time after the initial transition and will be patched with the p25 system until everyone transitions.

Excellent. Thanks!

I'm intown during the week for work and will keep my ears open. My search time is limited, but I will poke around when I can.

BlackSheepDue

Excellent. Thanks!

I'm intown during the week for work and will keep my ears open. My search time is limited, but I will poke around when I can.

I will be home(cape elizabeth) at the end of this week for 2 weeks(spring break) and will have plenty of time to see what I can hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.