Portland Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekogirl

I live in downtown Portland and when I first moved here I could get the PD on my scanner. Then one day poof, gone offline. So, I downloaded a scanner app to my phone and noticed the Public Safety has never came back online for me but I can pick up EMS and Fire with a tin can and some rope if I wanted.

I have thoughts, dreams of buying a new scanner but if I can't get the PD then I'm all set using my silly little phone app until it one day cones back online.

Any ideas or advice for this obvious scanner noob?

I work in EMS so it would be cool to hear the my local PD instead of having to listen to Biddo's. Or just Fire and EMS.

ecps92

Did you reprogram the CC's for ReBanding ? back in 2010
City of Portland - Scan New England Wiki

I live in downtown Portland and when I first moved here I could get the PD on my scanner. Then one day poof, gone offline. So, I downloaded a scanner app to my phone and noticed the Public Safety has never came back online for me but I can pick up EMS and Fire with a tin can and some rope if I wanted.

I have thoughts, dreams of buying a new scanner but if I can't get the PD then I'm all set using my silly little phone app until it one day cones back online.

Any ideas or advice for this obvious scanner noob?

I work in EMS so it would be cool to hear the my local PD instead of having to listen to Biddo's. Or just Fire and EMS.

nekogirl

Huh? Did I do what to what?

Like I said, I'm a noob. I now use my phone's scanner app to listen bc when Public Safety went offline a couple years ago I could get the same channels on my phone's scanner app as I could on a real scanner.

I guess I was just asking if I bought a new scanner would I be able to pick up PD again? I don't know anything about this stuff so that why I'm asking :) sorry to be such a dork!

I suppose if I could get Portland Police on a scanner, I would figure out how to share it so it's not offline anymore...

nekogirl

Hmm, that makes since. Same here for me. I get Fire/Ems.

If you know how I could get the PD again or what kinda of scanner I'd need then I could stream it so it's not offline anymore. As long as there isn't some odd law in place about this? I don't know how that works.

SCPD

QRT
You would need a scanner that can monitor Motorola Type II Smartnet. If you check the database for the county, scroll down to the bottom and you will see Portland Public Safety, click on it, the info you need is right there.

mainetrunk

For the moment, a pro 94 will scan it. Anything made after the pro 94 should be good for now.. As long as it trunks.. Dont forget an 800 mhz antenna

ecps92

What make/model scanner ??
Did you double check the Programmed Frequencies, to be updated ?

Hmm, that makes since. Same here for me. I get Fire/Ems.

If you know how I could get the PD again or what kinda of scanner I'd need then I could stream it so it's not offline anymore. As long as there isn't some odd law in place about this? I don't know how that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.