POSCAG Freqs?

WRQS621

Banned
Banned
Complete newb question (or I havent had a pager in 25 years); I noticed AMZN had the Alpha pager. The pager only lists the UHF band, the OEM website list VHF, UHF, and 900 Mhz bands. Are the pager multi-band or do you have to find a VHF for Wake?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Complete newb question (or I havent had a pager in 25 years); I noticed AMZN had the Alpha pager. The pager only lists the UHF band, the OEM website list VHF, UHF, and 900 Mhz bands. Are the pager multi-band or do you have to find a VHF for Wake?
You need a VHF POCSAG (NOT FLEX) pager that receives 155.520. I recommend Apollo Pagers.

OnYourSix

NY --> NC
Premium Subscriber
There are two models available directly from Apollo. They both are about $128.00 each. They will send you a bill and you can pay them directly. Or you can try and wait for one to come up on eBay. The Unication alpha pagers need a programmer, the Apollo devices can be programmed by the buttons on the front of the pager.

Attachments

• IMG_1940.jpeg
    IMG_1940.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 26

OnYourSix

NY --> NC
Premium Subscriber
I got the GP2009n version from Alliexpress. It was about $62. Took weeks to come in. Seems to be rechargeable. It works. Many thanks to guys on this thread for helping me out. Pretty cool, I must admit.
I was looking at that pager. Couldn’t find it in VHF. I feel like the display I have it too small, and calls are cut off.

WRQS621

Banned
Banned
I tried to get PDW to work with my VC's and SDR#. Ugh. Until, I stumbled across this:

GitHub - Dustify/SdrSharpPocsagPlugin: POCSAG decoder plugin for SDR# / SDR Sharp

There was thread in RR several years ago talking about this

SDR# - SDRSharp Pocsag Plugin

If your are running the latest edition of SDR#, this plugin make decoding very, very easy. I set my filter (3 numbers on the upper right) to 10, 25, 10. With wrap text and hide bad decode checked. Worked flawlessly.

Try it out.

Again, thanks for making my RTL-SDR cool again.

WRQS621

Banned
Banned
I was looking at that pager. Couldn’t find it in VHF. I feel like the display I have it too small, and calls are cut off.
I don’t think calls getting cutoff is the pager. Using SDR#/plugin, I noticed the pager matched I will say the SDR# picked up everything and I noticed some CAP codes would have more info than the all call for the same callout.

OnYourSix

NY --> NC
Premium Subscriber
Thank you! Doing pretty well with my pager programmed to Holly Springs and Fariview. It lasts for about a month at a time and the old pages get deleted as the pager fills up.

WRQS621

Banned
Banned
Thank you! Doing pretty well with my pager programmed to Holly Springs and Fariview. It lasts for about a month at a time and the old pages get deleted as the pager fills up.
What are the CAP codes for HS and Fairview. That is my neck of the woods. The all call is too much, interesting, but too much.