Posey County Going NXDN...Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramblin82

I forgot to add a few details, plus I'm not sure what the L stands for in DSDPlus for when it list network & current site. If someone could give me an example of the proper format of data needed when submitting NXDN I would appreciate it.

Current Network: L438 (I assume this means system ID)
Current Site: L438-2
RAN=2
NXDN48
Ch 21 - 155.4225 CC

Thanks

ramblin82

In the last 30 minutes or so the 155.4225 control channel is gone/off, probably will be back though.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
I forgot to add a few details, plus I'm not sure what the L stands for in DSDPlus for when it list network & current site. If someone could give me an example of the proper format of data needed when submitting NXDN I would appreciate it.

Current Network: L438 (I assume this means system ID)
Current Site: L438-2
RAN=2
NXDN48
Ch 21 - 155.4225 CC

Thanks

Correct! L is part of the NXDN SysID.

Format....
SysID
Site ID RAN
Freqs, LCN, CC
Site ID RAN
Freqs, LCN, CC

TGs....

Once you nail this down, please submit it so I can get the ball rolling. TY!

I will get the FCC Callsign, Locations/GPS/Ranges set up unless you can go to the sites and nail the exact GPS. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
System is live in DB with the 2 sites we have to start with. The original site 1 is showing as a mobile freq... Might have been the test site as thy began putting it up. As you guys get the other sites locked in, and the LCNs for everything submit it to that system

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=10175

ramblin82

Thanks milf, 155.0025 CC is now going, but nothing coming through. I'll be monitoring it closely from now on, but may hold off on submitting any info until data starts coming through the CC's. Here's the info from DSDPlus,

Ch 11 - 155.0025 CC (TB CCDATA) ...Been on a few days, signal is pretty strong at my location.
System ID: L438
Current Site: L438-1
RAN=1
NXDN48

Ch 21 - 155.4225 CC ....Not on at the moment.

Ch 41 - 154.7325 CC ...On but signal is weak at my location.

Last edited:

ramblin82

I've been monitoring since my last post but no changes. Earlier today the 155.0025 CC went off & has not come back on yet, so I assume they are working on it. I hope the new system will be up and running soon.

EDIT: Now all control channels appear to be off.

Last edited:

ramblin82

Nothing new since my last post, however the 155.4225 CC came back on last night. Maybe we will have some data coming through soon.

ramblin82

Anything new on this system?

It's still pretty much the same "analog", the control channels seem to run for what seems like months but no data or anything has come through yet. Seems like a waste for them to have control channels running and not use them? The current CC channels that are on or atleast in my range are,

155.0025 = site: 438-1, RAN: 1
155.4225 = site: 438-2, RAN: 2
154.7325 (Weak signal where I'm located.)

The only ones using the new radios have been pretty much the Jailers and Fire & Rescue. There could be other control channels on out of my range, it's a big county and my antenna isn't great.

Last edited:

ramblin82

It's been a while but today I heard them doing more area coverage testing. They said they had fixed the network problem and it's working much better now. They scheduled another date for testing but I believe the new system will go live soon.

ramblin82

Sorry took so long to reply, as far as I know it's still the same. Some of the CC channels are running but no data coming through yet. I don't think it will be long now though for it goes live.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber

appalling_hauling

Premium Subscriber
I've had my suspicions for a while but I found an article that confirms Posey County is going digital. I have a TRX-2 as well as a disc tapped scanner & SDR dongle with DSDPlus. But I'm curious if I'll be able to still hear the police & dispatch? Here's the article,

Posey Dispatch gets a face lift | MVDemocrat.com

Clip from article:
The current system is an analog system and the new one will be a trunking system called Kenwood NX10 Digital. This also means no more scanners for the general public.

I've also been hearing "Black Township Fire & Rescue" use NXDN on 154.3400, but I do not see any emissions code for that frequency allowing NXDN, it has emissions code "11K0F3E": ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WNHM411 - BLACK TOP FIRE & RESCUE INC

Hopefully it won't be encrypted, I'd like to hear everyone's input on this. Thanks
The jail is on this system. I found out during the grand opening of the new addition. The handhelds weren't recieving very well as both the sheriff and the then chief deputy were shaking their heads and had to go to the operators to find out what they were saying. That was June of last year so the bugs had to be dealt with by now.
Im not surprised Black Twp are already online with this system and Im sure you already know the answer to for that.

appalling_hauling

Premium Subscriber
I knew they weren't going to scrap VHF entirely due to 800 shortcomings in Point Twp and west along the Wabash south of New Harmony. Just take a cellphone in these places and the point will be made.
To upgrade to this system saves them from dependency upon 800.

appalling_hauling

Premium Subscriber
Personally I think its because everyone on 800 sounds like their in a submarine. Now we have learned that "Voyage to the bottom of the sea" is all b.s. because thats how they would have sounded for real.

appalling_hauling

Premium Subscriber
Marshall county Kentucky FD. keeps booming in on 155.625.0 constantly and its annoying if you aren't into wrecks on I-24. Don't know why this skip isnt checked but it doesn't help matters. Used to be Hopkins county Sheriff's was on this frequency as well but they have since upgraded.
Just got a Whistler TRX 1 but I haven't heard any NXDN traffic as of yet. Probably because Im still figuring it out.

appalling_hauling

Premium Subscriber
I was curious because I used to hear Hopkins County sheriff KY on 155.6250 when a front moved through but haven't heard them in awhile.
Turns out they installed a P25 system on the 460 mghz band. Precisely where Posey County was originally had the resources to do so in the middle 1990s and would've made better sense than what they are doing with NXDN on VHF. Back in 1994 the new dispatch center was set up to trunk in the mid 400 mghz frequencies but it kept being put off and eventually forgot.
What a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.