Poss. new Suffolk County talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
Heard talkgroup 1552 this morning. From what I could piece together it appeared as though this might be used by S.U.N.Y Stony Brook "transportation" (discussing parking issues). Also hearing TG 112. Possibly related to fire department activities>
Anyone have anything more definitive?

John

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
TG 112 definitely fire related tg. Talking about tankers and tower ladders. Possibly funeral related...

1552 is definitely fire dept funeral detail, tho last night they were using one of the FRES channels for that..And today it seems they are using special 2, 3 and 4. Its definitely not S U N Y related.

Last edited:

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
After listening for a while I have to agree that this is not S.U.N.Y. related. TG 1552 is, as you said, related to the funeral (may he R.I.P.).
TG 112 is also a fire department related TG, however their comms. were in reference to fire fighting activity.

John

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I'm stumped on the 112. I don't hear any fire activity on the uhf freqs... Nor am I reading anyone has an active fire at this time..

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
112 seems to be a new FRES Heard 702 calling fire rescue base. Heard talk about 2 tower ladders in ops and heard 5 8 18 I thought which is East port.I cant receive eastport on uhf... Some one has a job and they said they are gonna be there for a while...

703 just called command to say press is at mobile cmd. Guess I will watch local media

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Very large Mulch Fire At Hampton Sands, speonk riverhead rd going since yesterday... Eastports district.

112 must be an alt fres channel cause yesterday fres 1360 was being used for funeral....

scannerman5555

Silent Key
I pick up the 2 new talk groups too

1552 is in Farmingville today for the city fireman R.I.P.

0112 is FRES East right now out in Eastport fire !

note:
if you look at east Hampton talk group they have 112 as storm 1 on it !

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
East hampton system and scpd system would have different tg's due to they are 2 different systems..

Status
Not open for further replies.