possible bug in USAD software for BCD396T

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
hey there. i have the USAD software for the BCD396T scanner, Version 1.4.1.1, and i`ve unfortunatly found a bug (rather anoying one IMHO :( mabey a fix?). What happens is, when one makes any changes to the list you have in the database (example, i made a alpha tag tweak to one of the channels i have stored), and select "save" to save what ya did, it "forgets" the change/tweak ya just made, in short, when ya go back to see if the change/tweak saved, it`s reverted back to what ya had before ya made the change. I know this was a bit hard to explain, but i did my best. Is anyone else out there having/noticing this issue as well? I really don`t want to have to use other software as i really like this one, works with my eye disability so i can see what i`m doing with it. Thanks! N9NRA P.S. This bug has been nagging at me for some time as i`ve not yet found a fix or seen an update patch to fix this, hopefully Uniden will come out with an update (mabey new version) soon :).

fireant

On the 330 softwa6re USAD it will delete alpha tags however have not seen that bug in the 396 or may not have noticed it.

fireant

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Okay, i have seen the bug i`m mentioning since i first downloaded the software when i got my new `396T. and was hoping there`d be a feuture fix or patch for it. I have found a workaround of sorts, what i did was to go back and "hand-input" (make the changes i needed to make directly from the scanner and then upload that into the software on my pc to get it to work) the change or tweak, that works, but it`s rather time-consuming to use the 4 and 6 keys and the scroll knob to input the info that way. I just hope there`ll be something for this (and mabey some added features sometime soon too :)). N9NRA

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I kinda doubt the UASD will be fixed - I don't remember the last time an UASD update was posted, frankly.

I would jump to either BCTool or FreeScan which can accept UASD files as input. Unlike UASD these 2 packages are being updated from time to time....73 Mike

k2ns

Software Bug

I just tried what you said, and changed the spelling of the alpha tag of one of my channels. I closed the program and then reopened it and chose that database, and my change was still there. I just downloaded the software 2 weeks ago. Maybe you have an older version.

RON

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Intresting there, which version ya got? I have version 1.4.1.1. Like i said, intresting. N9NRA

k2ns

Software

Same version, and I just checked again, and my change was still there. Are you sure you're not clicking on "save as", and giving it a different name ????

RON

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
No, i just say "save", should i be using "save as" instead? What exactly does that do? Intresting. Does it let ya save to a different config or something? N9NRA

k2ns

Software

Using "save" overwrites the original file. Using "save as", will write a new file and it will ask you to name it. Mine still works fine. Try redownloading and reinstalling it--Maybe there's a bug in yours due to a bad download.

RON

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Okay, that might be an option. Will i need to grab a new registeration key or can i still use the one i already have? N9NRA

k2ns

Okay, that might be an option. Will i need to grab a new registeration key or can i still use the one i already have? N9NRA

Try the same one---Can't hurt. If it doesn't work, then try and get a new one. If that doesn't work, E-mail them and tell them the story and request a new key.

RON

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I have never seen this happen on mine and have been using all the versions since it was released.

Are you sure you are not connecting the scanner and "saving" what is in the scanner over what you just edited in the file?

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Okay, that might also be a possibility here too. Would it do me any good to just wipe all the configs i have in the software and start over? Redownloading might not be doable due to mabey losing my registeration key (might not be easy to snag a new one). I guess i could go in and wipe all the configs, load the current scanner config into the software and start fresh from there, any thoughts? N9NRA

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Okay, that might also be a possibility here too. Would it do me any good to just wipe all the configs i have in the software and start over? Redownloading might not be doable due to mabey losing my registeration key (might not be easy to snag a new one). I guess i could go in and wipe all the configs, load the current scanner config into the software and start fresh from there, any thoughts? N9NRA
Not sure what you are saying, either you are overwriting your edits or you are not. Just do an edit and upload to the scanner. Do not download from the scanner after you edit.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Good news folks, i got the problem solved, turns out i had something of a conflict with the configs i had stored, so i cleard out all the configurations i had and started over, all is well now. thanx for all the help :D! N9NRA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.