Possible expansion of RWC into Wickenburg

N9JIG

Sheriff
Phoenix just got a license (WRVU801) for a trunked site in Wickenburg on the following channels:

The site is listed at the Wickenburg PD tower.

I presume these will be for an expansion of RWC into the far NW corner of Maricopa County.

If you are out Wickenburg way try listening to these.

X947Ocean

Premium Subscriber
Wickenburg is actually a member of RWC and has been for a little while now. The communications center has just recently finished getting upgraded consoles so hopefully they‘ll be coming online soon.

scanbc780

Usually Lurking
Last I heard was they were waiting on microwave and a backup generator. The microwave has been up for a few months and it appears they now have a generator. It resides on a 100' tower on the back side the new PD which is the old BofA.

Nothing yet on those freqs, I'll keep monitoring.

WPD_RMC_1.JPG

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
I'm still waiting for Yavapai County SO to establish a radio link into RWC. The YCSO radio system is frankly substandard along their southern border with Maricopa County and they routinely relied on Maricopa County, Peoria, and others to answer initial calls for service before sending a Deputy.

Now that RWC is covering FD calls around Black Canyon City and soon to be Wickenburg, now's the time to get the link up. The North County [Maricopa] is growing like mad and more people are moving to the YCSO areas of Bagdad, Yarnell, Congress, Peeples Valley. Skull Valley, etc.

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
YCSO has had Yarnell for while + coverage for most of the cities you listed. For pursuits in S Yav to N Maricopa, no one has complained about coverage. They are just analog. With MDT they seem happy for now. YCSO joining AZ Wins might be more realistic once built out?

S Yav seems to work for Mayer? Don't see RWC adding any departments farther north than BCC.

For Wickenburg, they will want Yarnell added in the future or possibly before they switch over?

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
Along 17, YCSO has coverage down to I10 using mobile radio most likely off Towers. Yarnell Hill covers well into Surprise. Coconino has a southern site covers somewhat into metro Phx. I've only heard CW ID off it.

WIS262

I'm still waiting for Yavapai County SO to establish a radio link into RWC. The YCSO radio system is frankly substandard along their southern border with Maricopa County and they routinely relied on Maricopa County, Peoria, and others to answer initial calls for service before sending a Deputy.

Now that RWC is covering FD calls around Black Canyon City and soon to be Wickenburg, now's the time to get the link up. The North County [Maricopa] is growing like mad and more people are moving to the YCSO areas of Bagdad, Yarnell, Congress, Peeples Valley. Skull Valley, etc.

Don't confused RWC with the PFDRDC. Black Canyon City Fire District merged with Daisy Mountain Fire District and DSY is responding to calls in BCC. DSY is a member of the RWC. WIC is also a member of the RWC however not dispatched by the PFDRDC.

WIT is part of the PFDRDC and RWC, however not apart of Automatic Aid, they are just Mutual Aid. I know technicalities but there is a difference.

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
I'm familiar with those & how DMFD has taken over BCC & Cave Creek. Soon they will take Carefree from RMFD.

clover509

Happened to be in Wickenburg earlier today with my SDS100 and those channels programmed as a site for RWC. Still nothing.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
In Arizona law, there is no practical difference between automatic aid and a signed MOU of Mutual Aid.

DanRollman

Database Admin
In Arizona law, there is no practical difference between automatic aid and a signed MOU of Mutual Aid.

That may be true as a matter of law (I have no idea), but in common practice 'mutual aid' requires a request to and approval by a representative of the requested agency, whereas automatic aid (sometimes called automatic mutual aid) refers to either immediate dispatch (like most of the agencies in the valley) or a request to a dispatcher on the other end who does not need approval but rather immediately dispatches the requested resources. Thus, two agencies that have 'automatic aid' with eachother generally work more closely, and aid eachother more quickly, than two agencies with mutual aid.

scanbc780

Usually Lurking
Have another listen for the frequencies now.

It is up and running but there is no traffic on it yet. Its only been up for about 4 days and I don't believe Wickenburg has moved their communications center to the new building yet, I expect them to be encrypted anyhow. I have seen no affiliations on it in the last 2 days.

KB7MIB

West Valley cities on the RWC trunked system use talkgroups in the 4000-4999 range. I'd expect Wickenburg PD (and city services if they switch to the RWC) to be assigned a block in that range as well.

John
Peoria

scanbc780

Usually Lurking
I take that back, looking again it looks like it’s been up longer than a few days, since at least the 20th, possibly TG’s 4597, 4598, 4599. It looks like ProScan caught those TG’s on it when it was turned on, recordings had no audio.