Possible LVMPD Audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

br0adband

Will leave Unitrunker and SDR# monitoring for a while, see if there's any activity over there. I wouldn't expect that much on a Sunday but during the week when convention activity is pretty serious there could be something to listen in on I suppose.

The past few weeks I've been through there several times on buses and the traffic situation right there at the main entrance of the LVCC is pretty horrid and there's typically a Metro unit parked on every side with a uniformed officer standing out directing traffic and the tour buses delivering participants. It's not going to get better anytime soon either.

Edit:

Well that didn't take long, yes it's active even today on Sunday at 6:30PM. :)

Unfortunately I don't have everything set up to monitor the actual voice channels, just the control but at this moment it's got traffic to some degree:

Last edited:

737mech

Premium Subscriber
It is an active tgid on the snacc p25 project however it sounds like a patched rebroadcast. They still get the digital problems "Unreadable etc", it sounds exactly like the rebroadcast on the 851.3750 (DCS 065) Possibly this is a temporary arrangement until the new phase 2 system is up and running? The question is why would Metro use County radios? I think Metro still has the Opensky radios but someone gave them a work around using the SNACC system 461. Just a theory. So what is the new SNACC P25 system id 461 for? Who is going to be on it? When is it scheduled to fully up and running? The control channel data is there, we have caught occasional tgids in the 500's hex range. But this is not as big as a full agency system like the old SNACC. Wait and see what changes this fall I guess?

br0adband

Not much else we can do at the moment, I guess, but punch in the frequencies and hope something happens. I just wish I could do P25 stuff with a bit more ease using SDR - once they do get the P25 Phase II system functional I'll be out in the cold once again as I was up till I finally got into using SDR and DSD/DSD+ recently.

737mech: Got a question about that Uniden BC125AT you show in your sig, going to send a PM if it's ok...

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Not much else we can do at the moment, I guess, but punch in the frequencies and hope something happens. I just wish I could do P25 stuff with a bit more ease using SDR - once they do get the P25 Phase II system functional I'll be out in the cold once again as I was up till I finally got into using SDR and DSD/DSD+ recently.

737mech: Got a question about that Uniden BC125AT you show in your sig, going to send a PM if it's ok...

sure send a pm

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
It's pretty active and is definitely Convention Center area dispatch.

One radio ID (I think 10041) for all traffic, so I'm guessing an inter-system patch. Same great stuttering/warbling sound for the mobiles.

br0adband

So what is the purpose of 851.375? Is it so some outside agency working on the strip can monitor it?

It shows as a frequency assigned to S.N.A.C.C. but the traffic I've been monitoring for a bit this evening is more akin to content I normally hear on the N.R.S., primarily State Police calling in license checks that I can tell, but there's other traffic on it as well (CC Fire and EMS traffic, heard some content for McCarran also) so another patch between S.N.A.C.C. and N.R.S. maybe?

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
I think it's an interop channel. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's the same traffic that LVMPD still rebroadcasts on 159.15000 and is listed as LVMPD channel 1 Information/Records

blackhawk

Premium Subscriber
It is most certainly the Convention Center Area Command. I listened to it all day Saturday and it is the dispatch channel. Even heard announcements for code reds on bolden and south central. It's so good to hear Metro again.

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
bfperez said:
I think it's an interop channel. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's the same traffic that LVMPD still rebroadcasts on 159.15000 and is listed as LVMPD channel 1 Information/Records

was in response to this:

So what is the purpose of 851.375? Is it so some outside agency working on the strip can monitor it?

I should have quoted/been more clear.

Anyhoo:
SNACC P25 TG 527 is definitely Convention Center (LV Strip) command dispatch as other users posted. It seems like OpenSky has gotten better, but STILL has issues 18 or so months after it was supposed to be completely ready.

coolrich55

It will be nice to listen to at least that when I take my trip out there this year. I know when I went in 2012 they were using opensky but had it patched to the vhf channels. The audio was horrible, stuttering and I lost track of how many times I heard "repeat that". Maybe they worked out some of the bugs. Don't matter much now. What a waste of money. Has anyone been held accountable? I mean a bunch of us on here knew better.

kylem1229

Premium Subscriber
Awesome. Once it gets up and running, it would be a great idea for a new broadcastify feed. Possibly a LVMPD Strip-Downtown feed (Once downtown gets theirs hooked up..would be a great feed to hear whats going on in the area)

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
No, please don't. They were willing to blow millions on a system with one of the selling points being it wasn't scannable.

All they have to do is yank the patch or encrypt it if they can pretend that even one person might have heard the stream and did something based on what they heard.

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber
No, please don't. They were willing to blow millions on a system with one of the selling points being it wasn't scannable.

All they have to do is yank the patch or encrypt it if they can pretend that even one person might have heard the stream and did something based on what they heard.

I would have to agree with this. Wait until the entire system is up and running before starting a feed. It probably isn't much to listen to right now anyway and we don't want to jump the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.