Possible New Site on the DPS/City of Tulsa System

Status
Not open for further replies.

habpatrol

I was in the area of Locust Grove Tuesday evening when I might have discovered a new site about to become operational. I was using my issued radio and not a scanner so I don’t know what frequencies it was on. I usually lose the Tulsa signal at the western end of the Cherokee Turnpike. This time when I looked down and my radio was site-trunking. When I searched to see what site it was using, it showed site # 15. I was able to transmit on this site, but since it was only site-trunking it was not connected to the rest of the Smartzone system. My assumption is that this sight is operational, but still in the testing phase. Once it is ready to go they will link it to the main system. It is possibly the Grove site, but I don’t know for sure. If anyone is in that area with their scanner maybe they can check to see if they are able to lock onto a control channel.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Last edited:

peterjmag

Thanks Tiawah! Now we can add that site to the active databse. Keep us advised on what you are hearing.

P.J.

xxxsandman

I can also confirm a good signal on 867.0875 from about 4 miles north of Pryor. It seems to be a control channel that my scanner can lock on and monitor. I haven't heard anything on it yet, but just now added it in.

Finally it appears there's a "DPS" site close enough for me to monitor. Now if there was just something on it to listen to.....

I would imagine Troop L will be 1st to make use of this site, but looking at the system ID's Craig county Sheriff has an ID, so maybe we will hear them on this site too?

An OHP friend of mine, in troop L, told me they had 800 radios in their cars over a year ago, but never use them. I guess they will soon get to start using them.

I wonder when Pryor's site will go live? That should make for complete non-stop coverage from Tulsa area all the way past Vinita to the NE. When they get Grove and Pryor online they will have non-stop coverage from the Tulsa area to the Missouri line.

P

PolarBear25

When all is said and done OKC Metro Units will be able to talk to tulsa units right??

car2back

PolarBear25 said:
When all is said and done OKC Metro Units will be able to talk to tulsa units right??

I have heard OHP Adam units call 'Tulsa' on OHP B1 a couple times before!!

habpatrol

I went through Locust Grove again this afternoon and was still only able to pick up Site # 15 which I assume is the Vanita site. They might have turned on the Grove Site after I went through or it is not strong enough to be picked up on the Cherokee turnpike.

As far as Troop L going live totally on 800 I dont see that hapening for awhile. They still need a tower around the Nowata area to cover Bartlesville and the area east that is not covered by the Vanita site. You can hear traffic in the Bartlesville area off the Tulsa site but it is not the best signal.

tiawah466

I have programmed just the two sites that I think are active into a bank in my scanner and I just had a talkgroup id pop up for just a brief second. I was not able to see what the id was however. I am going to set up a recorder on them later tonight If I have time.

P

PolarBear25

There will be a new tower going up at I-240 & S. Anderson I think it will be part of the Midwest City site..

car2back

PolarBear25 said:
There will be a new tower going up at I-240 & S. Anderson I think it will be part of the Midwest City site..

Polarbear, I am not trying to be an a-hole here, but why don't you post a new topic next time instead of hijacking threads that don't pertain to what you're posting.

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I picked up the tower in Vinita yesterday morning from Elk City. Also, Lawton and Chickasha came in like it was next door. Nothing this a.m.

xxxsandman

Still picking up control channel 867.0875 "Vinita's new tower" with about the same signal strength.

Still haven't heard ANYTHING on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.