Possible New Site on the DPS/City of Tulsa System

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiawah466

I am standing in my shop right now and the control is back. I'd might have just been because of the valley that I live in.

tiawah466

I got a lot of unknown id's recorded today, enough of them that I think that my scanner is acting goofy. I did however get the I-Call id several times.

P

PolarBear25

tiawah466 said:
I got a lot of unknown id's recorded today, enough of them that I think that my scanner is acting goofy. I did however get the I-Call id several times.

I-Call id??

P

PolarBear25

Alfalfa Co. Sheriff’s Office $12,000
Oklahoma City, City of $513,157
Dewey Co. Sheriff’s Office $ 7,500
Oklahoma Co. Sheriff’s Office $709,466
Garfield Co. Sheriff’s Office $11,600
Pawnee Co. Sheriff’s Office $ 20,000
Grady Co. Sheriff’s Office $10,703
Seminole County $ 2,000
Jackson County $67,633
Tulsa, City of $191,250
Kay Co. Sheriff’s Office $53,799
Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office $187,900
Lawton Police Department $40,326
Tulsa Police Department $457,180
Logan Co. Sheriff’s Office $ 4,997
Washita Co. Sheriff’s Office $ 17,684
Major Co. Sheriff’s Office $12,000
Woodward Co. Sheriff’s Office $ 12,000

Money for the 800 Mhz System..

Last edited:

Chaos703

I just got back from Black Mesa this weekend. I monitored a strong control channel most of the way from Woodward to Guymond. It seemed to be coming from the Saplout site. I didn't pick up any TGs, just the control. That site must be a real blow torch. Unless there's multiple sites up there that broadcast the same control channel on the same frequency, I was picking it up from nearly 70-100 miles away.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Chaos703 said:
I just got back from Black Mesa this weekend. I monitored a strong control channel most of the way from Woodward to Guymond. It seemed to be coming from the Saplout site. I didn't pick up any TGs, just the control. That site must be a real blow torch. Unless there's multiple sites up there that broadcast the same control channel on the same frequency, I was picking it up from nearly 70-100 miles away.

100 miles isn't unusual given that you were "slap out" in the middle of nowhere. Put the antenna at 500' and you can probably cover the whole panhandle! (well, maybe not quite).

The Panhandle also now has some NOAA Weather Radio coverage as well - see http://www.nws.noaa.gov/nwr/tx/perryton.gif The Panhandle counties of Oklahoma are warned out of Amarilllo ...

freqscout

PB what is your source on the money. Those numbers appear to be somewhat skewed.

tiawah466

I have heard DPS B1 Troop B's id of 34320 several times today on the Vinita site. To answer PolarBears I-call question It is a way for a conversation between two radios with out all of the other users on that talkgroup hearing it usually you can hear troopers talking about where they want to meet to go eat and stuff like that. OHP uses it alot. My Uniden 780XLT has a ID number that is entered into a channel and it allows you to hear all of the I-calls that are done in the system. I would expect shortly we will start hearing a couple of new talkgroups for Troop L in Rogers County.

Last edited:
P

PolarBear25

tiawah466 said:
I have heard DPS B1 Troop B's id of 34320 several times today on the Vinita site. To answer PolarBears I-call question It is a way for a conversation between two radios with out all of the other users on that talkgroup hearing it usually you can hear troopers talking about where they want to meet to go eat and stuff like that. OHP uses it alot. My Uniden 780XLT has a ID number that is entered into a channel and it allows you to hear all of the I-calls that are done in the system. I would expect shortly we will start hearing a couple of new talkgroups for Troop L in Rogers County.

Ok Thanks, Like Talkaround

xxxsandman

I haven't heard a thing. It stops on the control channel and does an ID Search, but never hits on any ID or voice.

Maybe I have something set wrong?

Should the End Code be set to Detect or Ignore?
Should the Status Bit be ON or OFF?
Should the Activity ID be ON or OFF?
What Control Channel Band Plan does the system use?
I did just have the control channel typed in, I went ahead and added that other frequencies for the Vinita site this evening. maybe that will help>?

I have a Uniden BC796D.

Thanks...

freqscout

Yeah, all of the monies listed are for disaster/terrorism preparedness not necessarily just radios.

freqscout

Someone needs to submit the confirmed stuff to the database. We don't have any of this Moore stuff in there yet (frequencies). Someone needs to submit them to the database.

tiawah466

I talked with a Troop L Trooper this morning and he said that he had no idea when they were going to the 800 system. He also told me that the majority of the Troop L cars have no 800 radios in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.