Possible new STARS site??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I don't know what this is, might be or even if it means anything at all but on two local sites today running PRO96.com its showing a new site as an adjacent site. It shows "Fail" under the setting that usually shows "Connected" but thought I'd put it up here to see if anyone knows anything.

Site 222 and 223 were the monitored sites with these showing an affiliation to the poss new site. No idea on location.

Site # 231
Channel 03-2625
Frequency 152.5625 as Control.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
On Sites 222 and 223 it is now showing "Current, Connected" 19E

So it looks like its up and running now, at least at the moment. No site name though. Can't pick it up from where I'm at either. Follows 224 on neighbor site list. FWIW Harrisonburg is showing "Failed, not connected" at the current time.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
I ran Pro96com on 231 Monday. Pretty sure it's on Elliott Knob in Augusta County.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

I don't know what this is, might be or even if it means anything at all but on two local sites today running PRO96.com its showing a new site as an adjacent site. It shows "Fail" under the setting that usually shows "Connected" but thought I'd put it up here to see if anyone knows anything.

Site 222 and 223 were the monitored sites with these showing an affiliation to the poss new site. No idea on location.

Site # 231
Channel 03-2625
Frequency 152.5625 as Control.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I ran Pro96com on 231 Monday. Pretty sure it's on Elliott Knob in Augusta County.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Allen,

You might be right. I was getting next to nothing on my PSR-500, but went outside to my truck and put the frequency in and was getting a real good signal with my Pro-197 and a vhf 1/4 wave. My PSR-500 is becoming a little deaf.

I am in the Bridgewater area.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
You may be doing better than you think. I ran Pro96com from Buffalo Gap, and signal was really falling off as I moved toward West Augusta. I think it's supposed to be aiming south.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

gcgrotz

You may be doing better than you think. I ran Pro96com from Buffalo Gap, and signal was really falling off as I moved toward West Augusta. I think it's supposed to be aiming south.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Bear in mind that the Elliot Knob sites are down hill from the actual summit to protect the Quiet Zone which is probably why Augusta has a site at Deerfield. Coverage up and down I-81 is outstanding along with Staunton/Waynesboro. If you've ever tried the 147.045 repeater you will know how well it covers.

I guess it's time to add it to the scanner. Thanks for the detective work everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.