Possible Plane Crash south of Annapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinEar

Caught them on AA County talkgroup 48 (1B) Troy mentioning there didn't appear to be any fuel spill but are contacting the FAA. And they want PIO dispatched to the scene to handle the media. (Vultures don't take long to get to a potential bad news event, do they?)
PIO 2 takes Engine 22 to TG432 (1N) where he is told the small, 2-engine plane landed, hydroplaned off the runway, through a fence and into a parking lot. No injuries so PIO is not going to respond. He says media can call him if they want. Fire units will remain on scene until FAA arrives

Engine 22 told not to give the media any answers...to call the PIO. (On 1N again for that)
Engine 22 tells Fire Alarm on TG48 that the owner of Lee Airport wants the airport shut down with no arrivals or takeoffs. FA asks if he's going to contact the FAA. He is. They also tell Engine 22 to make sure the owner contacts Potomac (TRACON) to clear the airspace. He's done that also. (On top of his game)

Thought I had them on TG656 (4C) at first but that seems to be a system test of some type where they mentioned switching from there to the Howard County system.

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
Thought I had them on TG656 (4C) at first but that seems to be a system test of some type where they mentioned switching from there to the Howard County system.
That more of that BWI system testing - been going on all day --- but sounded like it wasn't going too well (I heard them fail alot of zones today). They test on BWI TG 27, then AA County 4-C, Howard County, Balt City and County, and the 800 Mhz Interop I-TAC4.... They mentioned some case today where they couldn't even affiliate into the some of the county systems...

TinEar

Troy, do you happen to have the talkgroups they used while on the Howard/BaltCity/BaltCo systems? Those might be the talkgroups they'd use during situations where comms with those jurisdictions are necessary and would be good to know. Thank you if you do.

troymail

Silent Key
TinEar said:
Troy, do you happen to have the talkgroups they used while on the Howard/BaltCity/BaltCo systems? Those might be the talkgroups they'd use during situations where comms with those jurisdictions are necessary and would be good to know. Thank you if you do.

Not sure if that's true but here you go (I think they are just using some test TGs mostly)

MAA TG 27 (possibly refered to as "BWI Event")
AA County BWI TAC-2
Howard "COM4"
Baltimore County "Radio Repair"
Baltimore City TG 30976
8TAC4 (I-TAC4)

TinEar

Thank you Troy. I'm not sure either if they'd use the same ones during a "situation," but I figure it can't hurt to have them handy if they do.

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.