Possible Pocsag Frequencies in Miami County

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatedGore

So one day awhile back i was just scanning through frequencies and heard some weird sounding ones. I looked up the frequency and was given a pocsag link. The frequency is 454.325 if anybody wants to take a look. I also found another frequency i think might be pocsag, that frequency is 459.375. I believe i first got this frequency up in Porter County.

ecps92

Yup, 454-455 are generally paging channels, also called Part 22 Frequencies

However in many areas VHF/UHF Paging has gone away and the FCC has auctioned off those channels for LMR usage, in a Market Area [Market = TV/Radio Zone - like your OTA Broadcast channels]

So one day awhile back i was just scanning through frequencies and heard some weird sounding ones. I looked up the frequency and was given a pocsag link. The frequency is 454.325 if anybody wants to take a look. I also found another frequency i think might be pocsag, that frequency is 459.375. I believe i first got this frequency up in Porter County.

DiGiTaLD

454.325 is/was largely used by Indiana Paging Network UHF. I used to have a Motorola Advisor Gold that received that frequency back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.