Possible SAR south pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.

headsense

Apologies for the vague details but have caught this while mobile in peak hour traffic and currently have lost track of it.

Calling in on on SP-1 frequency 8867 Rescue 358 working Auckland giving position check ..........missed it, but says they are going to work a 5 mile radius on this position. Auckland advises good selcall move to 5643 primary and 8867 secondary from now on UTC 09.31

Rescue 358 working Auckland have reached position 27 ..... S and 133.............E ? working 5 mile radius, clearance required to work 5 mile radius on position .............. and operation under 1000.

Several unclear checks and exchanges then Rescue 358 is operation under 1000 until 13.00 Zulu UTC 09.45

Rescue 358 advises poor comms and requests working frequency 8......22 ? I'm guessing now Southern frequency 8822 ? UTC 09.53

I'm scratching round trying to find them again now, reception is poor hear right now and I have DSP mobile but good old analogue at home.

I'm in Brisbane, Australia.

majoco

Stirrer
Unfortunately I am antenna-less at the moment. I can hear Nadi on 8867 on my Degen 1103. Nothing on 5643 or 13261. Brisbane is usually on 13261 at this time 0910 local/2110UTC. Nothing in the news or on the telly.

headsense

Ive had no further joy either, I was listening well into the early hours this morning and did not catch anything further. I don't have a dedicated receiver, just commercial HF radios so its a mixture of free tuning mode and jumping back onto pre-programmed channels so could have slipped past me on 5643 ,8867 and 8822.

I do recall when i first heard them the pilot advised they would make hourly log calls for the duration of the time airborne, pilot had Australian accent, the pilot TX audio started and ended each time with a beep and had that same noise cancelled and peaked audio which seems to be more common in military craft.

Came up empty on internet news as for a lead as well.

headsense

I wont keep speculating on this but just found an AMSA press release dated June 30th regards 10 people missing on Indispensable Reef via Honiara in the Solomon Islands.

Our RAAF has a Darwin based AP3 aircraft tasked with aerial searches and dropping datum marker buoys in the area as they are also doing drift modelling apparently.

Perhaps this is still in motion ........................

Status
Not open for further replies.