Possible silly question about Hit Counter

Skyd

Hi all, I have a PRO-106 that I bought new around 2010-11. It's been a great little scanner, but I haven't used it much for 5 or 6 years and I'm getting back into it.

I'm doing some of my own "data collection" for frequencies in my area to see what's active, etc.

So anyway my question is concerning using the hit counter. For example - some frequencies might be active when I'm not able to sit and listen, but it would be nice to know if they "hit". My concern is, what does it take for the readio to register a hit. Is it any break in squelch? If so I might get lots of false hits. Which is fine, I can work with it or turn my squelch up but I'm just not familiar with how the hit counter is triggered.

Anyone have any clue?

ecps92

From the Manual

Hit Counters
The Hit Counter feature that keeps track of how many transmissions are received for each object type.
The Hit Counter for an object is incremented each time a transmission is received on an object, making it possible for you to determine the objects that are the least and most active

Yes, Any signal received on that channel would equal a "HIT"
cable tv interference on a channel would be a hit as your radio is stopping on the channel and receiving the signal
Add PL/DPL and it should only stop when that Tone is used.

Hi all, I have a PRO-106 that I bought new around 2010-11. It's been a great little scanner, but I haven't used it much for 5 or 6 years and I'm getting back into it.

I'm doing some of my own "data collection" for frequencies in my area to see what's active, etc.

So anyway my question is concerning using the hit counter. For example - some frequencies might be active when I'm not able to sit and listen, but it would be nice to know if they "hit". My concern is, what does it take for the readio to register a hit. Is it any break in squelch? If so I might get lots of false hits. Which is fine, I can work with it or turn my squelch up but I'm just not familiar with how the hit counter is triggered.

Anyone have any clue?

XVCham

Another radio dude
For digital signals, it could be hit or miss. When I use my on limit search, it would often stop after detecting dmr signal slightly off frequency. It won't decode dmr until I press the keypad to move it left or right by an increment which starts decoding the dmr repeater signal.