Possible Suicide in Boulder County

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGroves

This happened on my way home tonight, and even though it was a few hours ago I wanted to share it with you all. At approximately 1800 hours an 8 year old called from the 12000 blk of east Arapahoe Rd in Boulder county to advise that he heard his mother scream. When he went downstairs he found her with a wire around her neck. County units immediately headed to location emergent, and Erie also responded to AOA. Erie arrived first and made contact with the 8 year old. Moments later the officer advised that he had located the female hanging with wire around her neck and she was unresponsive. Victim advocates were requested and they announced that the mother was going to transported to Good Sam emergent. I still do not know the condition of the mother. If one of you know please post it. What a sad sad situation for a mother to hate life so much that she was willing to sacrifice the mental well being of her children for the rest of their lives. What a selfish thing to do. Very rarely do things I hear make any sort of impact on me. In this situation when the officer called out what he found it went from a kid that was probably exagurating a situation to complete sorrow for him/her and their 4 year old sibling. The father was notified by dispatched and told only of a medical emergency at the home.

resq197

I listened to the call live as well and like you said, most things don't phase me, but this one was a little different for some reason.

-Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.