• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Possible to copy program radio to unprogrammed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hou30guy

I have a 51es sl thats programmed and i have another unprogrammed 51es sl. I wanna take the file i save from the program one and copy and paste to the unprogrammed one, is this possible. Im using pcconfig 2.18 and the radio application firmware on the program one v6.16.3 and the unprogrammed is v6.12.4

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
The term for that process is "cloning" and it certainly can be done with a 51sl. However the firmware differences may be an issue.

hou30guy

So the firmware has to be the exact match , i have a firmware that i can update the unprogrammed one to v6.16.03 is that the same as v6.16.3 or no. Lol plz forgiven if it is, a dumb question i know

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't advise cloning without matching firmware. I'm not super familiar with the different firmware versions for efj. Hopefully someone will chime in with more experience.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Sorry I couldn't be more useful. From my quick Google I see a lot of stuff about version 6.16.3 but not .03. Could it be a typo in the file name or does the update specifically say .03?

hou30guy

Getting that message, the file was not originally created for the attached radio and or at least 1 trunking system does not have a matching key

Attachments

• 20170422_142748_480x480.jpg
    20170422_142748_480x480.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 325

hou30guy

Sucks it just wont clone every thing over, my next questions since the radio already have the channels i want in it the 1 radio, if the shop for got to add like 3 channels in it and i able to just add them since its in the same system. And the radio already has a system key since its currently working.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
No you can not copy the SYSTEM KEY FROM THE RADIO it does not work like that. Also you just can not copy the working radio to the non-working radios. You will have to pay the system owner to add the 3 new radios. You do not want to get caught trying or adding your own without the owners permission.

hou30guy

Dang that sucks the price im paying to get them programmed and the wait time is crazy since im using old radios and im not coming in with multiples so it sits til he ready aka 3 weeks to a month lol

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the 2 STATE RUN SYSTEMS you want on the only LEGAL WAY is to go through the SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR or RADIO SHOP.
Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN)
Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) (P25)

jim202

Most public safety trunking systems tightly control what or which radios have access to their systems. Each radio is programmed with a unique ID that the system also needs to have programmed into the system controller. No valid radio ID, no access to the system.

Now on the flip side of this if you get discovered not having a valid ID in the radio that is not in the system controller, you stand a real good chance of having the system "KILL" your radio. Once this is done, you basically have a dead radio. You try turning it on and nothing happens. The only way to recover from the radio being killed is to go to the radio systems administrator and have that person send the "UNKILL" command over the radio system with the radio turned on.

The other issue here is if you have 2 radios with the same ID. If the both come on at the same time and register or try to register as being active on the trunking system at the same time, a red flag gets raised and will show up as a duplicate ID in the system. Again with this ID flagged, you stand a good chance of the radio being "KILLED" or in some places they call it "STUNNED".

Do as you want, but just be aware of how all the trunking systems work. Each different radio vendor handles this a little different, but the bottom line is duplicate or non valid radio ID's will be caught and dealt with fairly fast.

hou30guy

My current radio dose not affiliate on the system just like my fellow tow truck drivers. Im sure thats call wide scan or monitoring or something especially when the transmit have been disable.

hou30guy

I would never wanna raise any flags with the system admin, but i know as well as you do there is always a back door to just monitor and the system admin do too and there must be for when cops call for a tow driver over the radio, we all work hand and hand aka public service

Status
Not open for further replies.