TRX-1: Possible to 'copy' SDS100 Department to TRX1 Scan List?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking for a way to keep the conventional channels in sync between these two devices. I fully appreciate that the TRX1 is not using Uniden's "System/Department/Channel" structure, and the native file types are incompatible, and I am probably a little crazy for even asking this question, but:

Is there software or a manual method that would allow me to export certain SDS100 "Department" level data, and import that data to the TRX1 scan list? I only need conventional channels, alpha tags and tones at a minimum, but would take a bonus of channel type (analog/dmr/p25). Possibly a way to push the SDS100 Departments to a .csv or other human-readable form that can then be pasted into the TRX?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm looking for a way to keep the conventional channels in sync between these two devices. I fully appreciate that the TRX1 is not using Uniden's "System/Department/Channel" structure, and the native file types are incompatible, and I am probably a little crazy for even asking this question, but:

Is there software or a manual method that would allow me to export certain SDS100 "Department" level data, and import that data to the TRX1 scan list? I only need conventional channels, alpha tags and tones at a minimum, but would take a bonus of channel type (analog/dmr/p25). Possibly a way to push the SDS100 Departments to a .csv or other human-readable form that can then be pasted into the TRX?
There is no manual export function in Sentinel, other than into an *.hpe file to be imported in Sentinel on a different PC.
You can, however, cut and paste info from Sentinel into a spreadsheet & save that as a *.csv file.

If you are using ProScan, you do have export options to several file types, including *.csv. You might have to modify the exported file so that the correct fields flow into EZ-Scan. I have not tried that myself (no need to), but it should work. I suspect that you have export options as well in ARC536, but I do not have that program to verify.

Ubbe

If you go to edit a favorite list in Sentinel and mark the conventional channels and do Copy, you then go to EZ-Scan and the Conventional tab and select Import from Clipboard and set the columns to the correct types. Alpha tags, frequency and delay will imported correctly but subtones uses a totally different syntax between formats and doesn't import correctly and all are set to Search in EZ-Scan, not even if you paste into Excel and then Find&Replace CTCSS with CT and DCS with DC.

You will have to do two columns in Excel if you use fixed tones, one with the type CT or DC and one with the frequency. Maybe a macro or similar can be used to automate that process if it is a lot of records to import.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.