Possible tornado in Woodruff & Cross Counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Reports of minimal damage in SW Cross to the Woodruff Co. line out towards the Penrose community - AR HWY 284W to US HWY 49.

A funnel cloud was reported by a Cross Co. deputy at approximately 20:30.

Several power lines / poles reported down, damage to two homes & structures. Damage to the flying service at Penrose in Woodruff Co.

Cross Co. Cert and OEM were quick to act and disperse spotters throughout the western half of the county to prepare for this event.

Last edited:

btritch

Good God!!! You Guys Have All The Bad Luck, It Seems Like It Must Like That Path, Same One It Took Last Time Almost...the Last Two Times Actually...we Got Lucky Here, Just Rain, My Bro Was At The Movie In Jonesboro With His School When The Sirens Went Off And It Hit.. I Had Him On The Phone Telling Him What Was Going On And He Was Relaying It To Them...he Said It Got Bad There, Quarter To Three Quarter Inch Hail Was Reported On Parker/wood Springs Roads...and Also At Asu Campus..

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
This storm took almost the same path as the April 2, 2006 tornado. No big deal this time around.

I listened to Craighead OEM set up a weather net an Northeast 5 (TGID 2711). They seemed to pass on info to surrounding counties even after the storm was out of Craighead Co.

I heard all reports of damage & sightings on my scanner prior to hearing it on TV.

Listening to AWIN never ceases to amaze me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.