possible tva police south east tn

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccfire

Premium Subscriber
hey i have been hereing chatter on 169.625 sounds like law enforcement activity talking with chattanooga dispatch it is digital anyone know if this is tva pd for sure?

ccfire

Premium Subscriber
i haven't noticed unit numbers but i heard dispacthers come the air and say chattanooga dispatch and or knoxville dispatch i will be listening to hear what unit numbers i haven't heard any call signs
i just heard one say unit 359

ccfire

Premium Subscriber
ok just found a thread on this frequency in the north carolina section they are saying it is more than likely tva police
i live up in the mountains near tellico plains got an outdoor antenna so thats probaly why i can pick it up anyone over near eastern polk county can probaly hear it as well

BMedcom

169.625 has been TVA for as long as I can remember. TVA Police was in part "disbanded." They still function very much, just no longer in the role of patrol like traditional law enforcement.

surfacemount

Knox / Roane / Loudon counties, Tennessee
169.625 has been TVA for as long as I can remember. TVA Police was in part "disbanded." They still function very much, just no longer in the role of patrol like traditional law enforcement.
TVA has a long history of not liking people that protect them. Currently, I'm not sure exactly how they are organized, but the last major revamp was that they laid off the majority of their 'police department', and contracted with a private security contractor for the bulk of the job. They kept a handful of officers as 'inspectors' that have an area they are responsible for. Absolute last I heard was that they were taking handguns away at most (or all) nuclear power sites from their contractor guard patrol.

Status
Not open for further replies.