Possible Unknown VHF Capacity Plus System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
Hello, all.
I was recently reviewing the frequencies for Fort Loudoun Electric Cooperative's VHF Connect+ system to make some changes to the way I monitor it. Afterward, I found two more VHF licenses for FLEC on the TN Utilities page. KIB865 153.48500 and KIN212 153.66500 which are both valid through 2025. The 153.6650 is now being used as one of the channels at the Tellico Plains Con+ site, however, the other one 153.4850 is showing as a Capacity Plus system with talkgroups 100, 101 and 102 in use.

This has me a bit confused because I can't see why Fort Loudoun would have any need for a Cap+ system when they already have the Con+ system which hardly gets any use as it is. So, I am curious if anyone has any insight into who could be using this system or what it is being used for.

It also seems odd that Basic privacy and Enhanced Privacy would be used on the same talkgroup. Normally Mototrbo radios can only use one or the other.

Also, ignore the last 6 lines in the event log which refer to site 328. That is from when I switched back to the Con+ CC. It is not related at all to the Cap+ system I'm posting about.

Attachments

• FLEC2.PNG
    FLEC2.PNG
    20.2 KB · Views: 5
  • cap+ dcc7.PNG
    cap+ dcc7.PNG
    503 bytes · Views: 5

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
Maybe Motorola salesman? I know my dads work got a 4 repeater Cap+ system when they only have 3 talkgroups with no plans of expansion, and even so don't use the radios a whole lot. 3 talkgroups used at any given moment with the capacity to support 8 simultaneous conversations..

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
I guess that could be a possibility but the frequency I'm finding the system on is licensed to Fort Loudoun Electric as an analog channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.