Possible UT RC18 bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Lead Database Admin
Joined
Sep 22, 2002
Messages
4,686
Location
Ohio
All;

I'm seeing what could possibly be a bug in RC18 as well as the last few versions, monitoring various Ohio MARCS sites.

I have new/unidentified talkgroups labeled "new" and set up for white text and priority 1. Every time one of these talkgroups goes active, the activity display freezes up, after which the only thing I can do is shut it down (input commands still work OK).

I have tried changing the color on these back to the default with no success, and also tried changing the priority level to a higher number, with no success on either attempt.

My next step will be to change "new" to "unid" or something like that.

Program is running on WinXP Pro, 512mb RAM in Parallels on a Macbook, but also occurs on an actual Windoze box (Athlon 750, 768mb RAM, WinXP Pro). The last release I can recall working OK was 14, or possibly 13.

Tom
 

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Lead Database Admin
Joined
Sep 22, 2002
Messages
4,686
Location
Ohio
More on the bugs

wa8pyr said:
I'm seeing what could possibly be a bug in RC18 as well as the last few versions, monitoring various Ohio MARCS sites.
More on a bug previously reported in another thread...

Various reports indicate that Site Alias names are not coming through in the Pr[o]ps option with Ohio MARCS...

I have confirmed this with a variety of MARCS sites; the odd thing is that the alias shows up in the Log file, but does not present on screen while the program is running.

Tom
 

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Lead Database Admin
Joined
Sep 22, 2002
Messages
4,686
Location
Ohio
Solved?

wa8pyr said:
I have new/unidentified talkgroups labeled "new" and set up for white text and priority 1. Every time one of these talkgroups goes active, the activity display freezes up, after which the only thing I can do is shut it down (input commands still work OK).
Problem possibly solved.

I got fed up with the decoding module constantly locking up on me, so I blew out my config file and started a new one from scratch. So far it's been running since before lunch and no lockups. The only configured option so far is the signal input source. Still the same settings as before, so obviously something else in the config file was causing it to go haywire.

My next step is setting up a voice monitoring receiver to see if everything continues to work OK.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top