Possibly buying PSR_500

Status
Not open for further replies.

khphighwayman

Premium Subscriber
When it says "multi-system trunking" does it mean that the scanner will be able to scan multiple digital trunked systems? I ask because I owned a radio shack digital scanner and never caught the replies to alot of traffic, as i had it scanning multiple sites. We use the motorola smartzone across half our state here in Kansas. I want to be able to program multiple, six channel, digital trunked sites into my scanner with multiple talkgroups, and be able to hear all the traffic. The PSR-500 really looks like a great radio but i wanted to verify that it would scan all the different sites in range.

Thanks

mrova

love my

psr500! I don't know a clue as to how to answer your question except to say that I did lots of research on which one to get (uniden,rs, or gre) and settled on the 500. Glad I did, I receive everything and then some here in central virginia.
sv

W2SJW

Database Admin
When it says "multi-system trunking" does it mean that the scanner will be able to scan multiple digital trunked systems? I ask because I owned a radio shack digital scanner and never caught the replies to alot of traffic, as i had it scanning multiple sites. We use the motorola smartzone across half our state here in Kansas. I want to be able to program multiple, six channel, digital trunked sites into my scanner with multiple talkgroups, and be able to hear all the traffic. The PSR-500 really looks like a great radio but i wanted to verify that it would scan all the different sites in range.

Thanks

Yes, it will. I won't confuse you with the gritty details, but yes. ;)

gd9704

psr500! I don't know a clue as to how to answer your question except to say that I did lots of research on which one to get (uniden,rs, or gre) and settled on the 500. Glad I did, I receive everything and then some here in central virginia.
sv

Ditto here, except I'm in N.E. Ohio. Loving my PSR-500. Get it, you won't regret it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.