Possibly out of date trunked articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As the subject implies, it's a bit of a cleanup time. These articles seem to have no RRDB relationships, so they're either out of date (and should be dropped) or new systems not yet ready for the database (which will be kept)

If you would take a look at these, and post a message saying which ones are outdated, we can go ahead and drop them...thanks in advance

Orange Beach Public Safety System - The RadioReference Wiki

ESP Wireless (Channahon)

MASS Transportation Authority - The RadioReference Wiki

ComSouth (Meridian) )

New York City Police Department (NYPD) Project 25 System - The RadioReference Wiki

Greene County - The RadioReference Wiki

Lauttamus Communications - Weirton - The RadioReference Wiki

Gaylord Texan Hotel and Convention Center - The RadioReference Wiki

S & P Communications (LTR Regular))

Cleveland - The RadioReference Wiki (This is a hard redirect to Cuyahoga County, which I suspect isn't what was intended)

Mike

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
OK then if no one else objects, those that are marked deprecated will be dropped, with the exception of the MASS transportation article.

That will clean up most of this list...Mike

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I think you can drop the NYPD one. From what I recall in the New York forum from a few years ago, it was only pure speculation it was NYPD. Nobody has indicated NYPD doing anything with 700 since then.

nd5y

You can probably delete the Gaylord Texan one.
They have several licenses for a boatload of conventional frequencies and a DMR trunked system.
I don't know what is actually in use.

QDP2012

OK then if no one else objects, those that are marked deprecated will be dropped, with the exception of the MASS transportation article.

That will clean up most of this list...Mike

Some other ideas were included in my reply to your PM. Please check your messages before dropping the deprecated articles.

Thanks,

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Imo that depreciated mta database should be deleted as it has not been used in probably a year nor will it be again and so as well with the wiki. They are just taking up space imo.

Edit, I made a submission on the outdated mta system.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm going to wait a couple of days to get everyone a chance to respond before doing anything. Thanks to all that have responded so far...Mike

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
My high-level administrative view of all this is that information in the Wiki about deprecated systems should remain in the Wiki as long as the Wiki article is clearly marked as being for a deprecated system. The details as to how these articles should be marked is open to discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.