Post 2 Dispatchers --> Post 81 Van Wert

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
WLIO TV reported tonight that effective Monday August 25, the disptachers from Post 2 Lima will be moving to Post 81 Van Wert. Post 81 will handle dispatching for both posts. All Post 2 troopers will continue to operate out of Post 2.

Mike

gringo66

OSP Posts 48/87

Dispatch duties previously located at post 48 (Toledo) are now consolidated at post 87 (Bowling Green). Post 48 troopers will continue to report at the Toledo post.

Ernie

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Consolidating OSP Posts

Yes, this is a statewide consolidation of OSP Post dispatching.
We should have seen this coming once they were in the comfort zone using MARCS.
I don't think it will affect the amount of radio traffic we hear now.

Here in SW Ohio we went through this about 6 years ago when Post 68 (Eaton)
was closed and absorbed by Post 57 (Dayton).

steveh552

Is this going to effect Central Ohio? Currently I hear traffic from Granville, OSP D-6 HQ and Lancaster coming in on the Granville tower, and they all mark using post number.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Yes eventually. I don't know what the time frame is.
I would expect the consolidation to be finished statewide by the end of the year.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Is this going to effect Central Ohio?

I wouldn't be surprised if the dispatchers from Posts 21, 45, 49 and 65 are moved to the EOC/JDF in Columbus. There are at least 4 extra dispatcher positions in the OSP section of the dispatch center.

medic611

Is this going to effect Central Ohio? Currently I hear traffic from Granville, OSP D-6 HQ and Lancaster coming in on the Granville tower, and they all mark using post number.

If a trooper from lancaster is north towards Baltimore, Millersport , or near Pickerington i can see them affilating with a licking county tower site rather easily. That terrain is high plateau except near buckeye lake which is in the hole.

steveh552

If a trooper from lancaster is north towards Baltimore, Millersport , or near Pickerington i can see them affilating with a licking county tower site rather easily. That terrain is high plateau except near buckeye lake which is in the hole.

I see your point. I am unsure where the exact local towers are, I just started listening a week or so ago, heard some great stuff, and alot of boring stuff, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.