post all radio weirdness here

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc9cra

*waits for groans to subside* I know most level-headed people don't really believe in weirdness. They believe that everything has a logical and normal explaination, so anything that seems weird might be mysterious and that's always fun, but it's not real. Anything that seems to sound outlandish and bizarre is instantly dismissed.

I do not wish to start a drawn out discussion about certain people and how they believe everyone's out to get us, or the government's hiding the aliens and the chemtrails are part of the mix somehow. Anyone who seems to believe in such things is thought to be highly susseptible or suffering from a serious mental illness, that is if their integrity isn't challenged.

I think it would be nice to have a thread devoted to od things heard on a scanner. Maybe it's some federal activity that doesn't line up with news reports. Maybe it's pilots discussing something they can't identify flying with them.

I'm not necissarily saying you have to believe in all that is rejected by mainstream society, but if you've gotten to the point at which you have no explaination for what you've heard, or if it's simply weird, even if you have some suspicions as to what it might be, post it here. If it gets popular, maybe this could be a sticky in the forum, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber
Whenever I hear that a subject is naked & passed out in a public restroom, I just have to say... I didn't know George Jones was in town.

On the way to the arena from the airport, Bocephus never understood why he couldn't do cocain in the cruiser.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
How about a homeless woman swinging an ax and holding a doll........?

n9zas

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Sounds like a fun thread. here's my contribution:

This was heard someplace in the high desert, in between China Lake NWS and Edwards AFB, in the early 80's. Frequency was someplace in the 250 MHz range...

ATC Controller... "Your traffic is 100 miles out, it's coming right at you."

ATC Controller... "Your traffic is 90 miles out now, still coming right at you."

ATC Controller... "Traffic is 80 miles out... now 70 miles. Still coming right at you."

ATC Controller... " 60 miles... 50 miles. Still coming right at you."

ATC Controller... " Traffic is now 40 miles out. Still heading right at you."

ATC Controller... " 30 miles out now, still coming right... WHOA! It just passed you!"

Aircraft... "Jesus, I don't know how they can go that fast."

True story. I have no clue what they were talking about, and that's all I heard. The whole thing transpired in about the time it takes to read this post. I did the math... 100 miles in whatever number of seconds the whole thing lasted... 18,000 Mph. Orbital velocity, but if it was a space target they were tracking, I don't think they would have sounded so surprised. :confused:

cpd204

Chicago police, downtown (1st and 18th district): "There's a man sitting in in the middle of an intersection obstructing traffic claiming he's talking to God." LOL!!!

mancow

Database Admin
zz0468

Was there any other traffic at all later on that freq? I would think they would have had something else to say about it. Were you in any position to see the aircraft that were observing whatever it was? That would have been something to hear and I would think it would keep you up at night for quite a while to come.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
zz0468

Was there any other traffic at all later on that freq? I would think they would have had something else to say about it. Were you in any position to see the aircraft that were observing whatever it was? That would have been something to hear and I would think it would keep you up at night for quite a while to come.

There was no further traffic on that frequency, it wasn't listed on any of the sectional charts I had, so I don't know exactly who it was. But presumably it was either the Navy or AF, because of the area it took place in. I spotted the activity on a spectrum analyzer, then tuned it in and listened on a service monitor.

It never kept me awake at night, but I've never stopped wondering just what it was they were talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.