Post EDACS ESK enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC_Scan

Now that you have to use a scanner capable of ESK on EDACS trunk, It donned on me recently that with my 780's 250D& 796D, I could see when a unit pushed their emergency button , EMERGENCY would flash on the display of scanner, now when this occurs on 396T & GRE PSR600,(did not notice on 396XT when I had it for a week) this does not happen ??
Am I missing something , or does GRE & UNIDEN need to update receiver to do this via firmawre ??
anyone lese with ESK system implemented notice this. I am referring to what I monitor E-Comm system in Vancouver BC.
Perhaps Uniden people & Gre can look into this.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Now that you have to use a scanner capable of ESK on EDACS trunk, It donned on me recently that with my 780's 250D& 796D, I could see when a unit pushed their emergency button , EMERGENCY would flash on the display of scanner, now when this occurs on 396T & GRE PSR600,(did not notice on 396XT when I had it for a week) this does not happen ??
Am I missing something , or does GRE & UNIDEN need to update receiver to do this via firmawre ??
anyone lese with ESK system implemented notice this. I am referring to what I monitor E-Comm system in Vancouver BC.
Perhaps Uniden people & Gre can look into this.

You don't have to use ESK on every EDACS system.
Many EDACS systems have not implemented ESK.
Just don't want to get rookie scanner enthusiasts confused.
Marshall KE4ZNR

BC_Scan

Should have read in a EDACS sytem with ESK enabled (not many of them) this EMERGENCY display feature apparently has dissapeared, my concern still stands that I dont see this feature on two different scanners
Thanks for proofing my post . my bad

Status
Not open for further replies.